BREAKING NEWS: Malaysia Airlines lose contact with plane bound for Beijing

Discussion in 'News / Current Events' started by Curt, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curt

Curt Founder of TBN admin vip vet old school sub

Malaysia Airlines Plane 'Loses Contact': Malaysia Airlines says a plane - flight MH370 - carrying 239 people "has lost contact" with air traffic control. : worldnews

Latest updates: Malaysia Airlines lose contact with plane bound for Beijing– live | World news | theguardian.com

http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/1zutek/contact_lost_with_plane_bound_for_beijing/cfx70u2

Any communications?
    They have VHF, HF, SATCOM, ACARS, CPDLC and Malaysia Airlines are not in contact with them. Last contact is Vietnam and did not enter China/Hong Kong.
    Any emergency beacon?
    Yes. It has 2 ELT. One manual and one is always armed. They will be activated on impact. Search and rescue is happening now. For the VHF transponder, they would need to go within 250miles of the source. It will transmit over satellite too. MAS has this onboard
    Did they land at Nanning?
    Nope. Its from a fake source and local news picks it up.
    Is it possible that they are still flying now?
    Nope. The fuel would be depleted 4+ hrs ago.
    Is it hijacked?
    Unlikely. Because radar, flight data, communications is lost.
    Is it better to land at sea or land?
    Landing at sea is dangerous. Rescue workers can't get to them. If its a crash, water surface tension is as hard as concrete. Landing at flat land is much safer. Waves and water crease makes it dangerous to land in the sea. If any part of the plane gets in contact with water, it would rip the plane apart.
    Is there any distress signal?
    Nope. It just disappeared with no distress call/signal.
    Do they know where the plane is?
    Nope. Its still missing and Malaysia Airlines does not know where the aircraft is. No data from the plane.
    They found the aircraft distress beacon?
    This news most likely fake.
    How can a plane disappear?
    Since they disappear without any radio call, data downlink or any other communication, they are "lost". Radar is supposed to see them but since they cant at the time of disappearance, we can only speculate. For the normal route, the plane should not have lost radar contact. They would have been transferred from Lumpur Control to Ho Chi Minh Control without loss of radar.
    update: Vietnam Military denies they found any wreckage. 2.55pm LT
    Is this information legit?
    Yes, its most of it is from the MAS news conference. And I am an airline pilot flying a 777-200.
    Vietnam found the wreckage?
    From MAS "unconfirmed". Not officially from MAS but reputable Vietnam news sources are reporting it. update: MAS and DCA (Department of Civil Aviation) says no news of wreckage. Ministry of Defense, Hishammuddin Hussein is contacting the Vietnam Navy to confirm the news. update2: No wreckage from Vietnam Navy
    Is weather a factor?
    Nope. Weather is fine.
    When did the plane lose contact?
    2 Hours into flight. 140miles of the east Malaysia coast at 35,000ft. Its cruising in clear weather. At this time passengers just had their meal.
    How old is the aircraft?
    12 years.
    How long is the flight supposed to be?
    About 6 hours.
    How is Malaysia Airlines' track record?
    MAS has a very good track record. Since 1947 there is only 2 flight with fatalities. Malaysia Airlines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    How is the 777's track record?
    777 is really reliable. As of 2013 only 3 hull loss. Boeing 777 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Why does it take so long for the Airline to announce the plane is gone?
    Last contact is at 2:40am and the official announcement is at about 6am. This is because the aircraft is scheduled to land at 6.30am and have enough fuel to fly maybe until 8am. The aircraft might still be flying (then). That and it has to go through "several countries" and maybe they had some protocol for this.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    tomaso88 likes this.
  2. Shneptar

Shneptar Veteran vet senior sub

The Boeing Manufacturer, is reliable for this.. I bet you they installed some shitty communicators.
  3. SundanceKid

SundanceKid Veteran vet senior member

If the plane I'm in is going down I'd rather fell in the water than on the flat land
  4. Curt

Boeing produces great planes, and a 777 has never crashed by mechanical error. They all have many different communication sources and safeguards but if they all go down at once, I would assume it got shot down by a missile or something. We'll see.
  5. Curt

Trust me you'd want to crash on land rather than water, with water you can't just expect to float and wait for rescue. In case you survive you'd have to deal with the issue of freezing/drowning, and it'd take much longer for rescue to find you
    lucianone likes this.
  6. Shneptar

This could vary on how you approach the landing. If you take it slowly and steady, gradually going into the water. The plane will break into pieces sure, but the kinectic speed of the plane will decrease gradually.

Actually thinking about it... If you do this on flat land, you could gradually come to a stop lol.
  7. keller

keller Member member

UPDATE [12:37]: Tuoi Tre, a leading daily in Vietnam, reports that the Vietnamese Navy has confirmed the plane crashed into the ocean. According to Navy Admiral Ngo Van Phat, Commander of the Region 5, military radar recorded that the plane crashed into the sea at a location 153 miles South of Phu Quoc island.
  8. Curt

That is unconfirmed, most likely a false call:

9. lucianone

lucianone Senior senior old school member

"if they can make it steady." and even you landed on water safely, i'm not sure you will survive much more longer than on land.

but the question is not that, how the plane can 'lost' without any communication?
    i agree with curt, i think it hit by missile or something :|
  10. elm13

elm13 Senior senior old school member

I like conspiracy theories, but i don't like it when those conpiracies would be leading to a world war. I would want this to be something along the line of Amelia Earheart's theories or JFK's, but please, don't let it be a missile from china or neighboring countries. South East Asia' s already at a very delicate situation, with Vietnam, Malaysia, Philippines, and China having territorial disputes.
    Justin and lucianone like this.
  11. Curt

I'm not an expert nor one to give theories but I think the only logical reason if the pilot was not attempting suicide by a dive, the plane must of blown upby fuel or missile who knows

other possible reasons:
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  12. lucianone

lucianone Senior senior old school member

yes i think so, and i think it's the only way a plane can get lost communication without any notice even with radar. or someone sabotage the plan.
  13. Shneptar

There has been TONS of theories of planes constantly losing signal in the burmuda triangle area. I watched a couple of documenteries on this, and a lot of issues with planes occur in this area. Some say from details about a large number of the disasters and disappearances, and concluded that no single theory could explain them all. Many researches found that many of the aircrafts were victims of natural causes, such as storms, compass failures, hurricanes, lack of radio on board, and structural weaknesses. Some were not even in the Bermuda Triangle, and others had reached “legend” status only because important details were wrong or left out.
  14. Bala

Bala Banned

15. Curt

^^

codeword if, it's not been confirmed yet afaik
  16. ApplePieLife

ApplePieLife · 100% ひきこもり · guide coldschool vet senior old school member

China :giga: I hate China (no offence curt! *u know I wub u*)
  17. Justin

Justin New Member coldschool senior old school member

Wow, my prayers but it doesn't look too good.
  18. Auto reply

Auto reply Member member

i wish they will get away this situation . lets see
  19. Lesean13

Lesean13 Deez nuts senior rogue sub

This is pretty tragic. Going to what Shneptar said:
    I think that their is something weird about the Bermuda triangle but cant put my finger on it.
  20. Bala

Bala Banned

lets pray for them inside the plane

what if our dear and near ones was there,imagine the situation of the people who lost their loved ones :alone:

oh god pls dont do this
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.