Swagbucks account deactivated

Discussion in 'Make Money' started by magiccupcake, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magiccupcake

magiccupcake New Member senior member

Swagbucks: " Our compliance team has further reviewed your account and has determined that you are in fact in violation of our terms of use. The use of a bot is not permitted. Sorry, but we are unable to reactivate your account."

I only used multispeed a couple of times, a few weeks ago was the last time. I assume that must have been it.

Just a warning to be careful if botting.

very lame. I was only about 50 points from another amazon GC.
  2. simon66

simon66 VB.NUT senior old school member

did you leave it over night on?
  3. magiccupcake

nope. only a couple of times on the stop after 2 hours setting.
  4. Darkness

Darkness <B><BLINK><FONT COLOR="74DF00">TBN's Fail Troll</F coldschool senior old school sub

hmmmmmmm... I'll look into this
  5. afgncaap

afgncaap New Member old school member

Darkness,

FYI: I am currently using Multispeed. It just won 14 swagbucks, and I noticed that it generated a captcha with the letters JMI. I typed these letters in, and then swagbucks gave me this message "This Swag Buck(S) has not been awarded and is no longer available."

I'm not sure yet if this is causing me problems, as my Swagbucks toolbar still shows the amount I had before the captcha even after a refresh, and if I am not sure I really care if it does. (I have less than 400 swagbucks, and if they canceled my account because of the bot, this is nothing I'd cry over. In addition, for what I would like to get, I'd probably get it much quicker by saving up my real hard earned money instead of trying to fool around with swagbucks.)

I just thought you'd like to know...
  6. magiccupcake

I am trying to decide if this is jerkish or not..

If you would rather just spend your money on something, why even bother using swagbucks at all?
  7. afgncaap

Uh... I didn't mean to come off sounding jerkish, I was just trying to be realistic and trying to say that if got caught for using something that is against Swagbuck's rules, I wouldn't have any hard feelings. (Sorry if I sounded jerkish Darkness, I didn't mean to.)

I hope this example explains what I meant better: Swagbucks is nice for small stuff like $5 Amazon gift certificates, but more more expensive stuff like electronics items (digital cameras, smartphones, etc), it is a lot easier to save up your own money than to bother with Swagbucks. For example, they have listed as one of their featured prizes a digital camera that sells for about $170 on Amazon. On the other hand, Swagbucks lists it in their store for 44,899 swagbucks (normally 88000 swagbucks). Now if someone wanted this particular camera, and assuming that they earned 30 swagbucks a day (without referring anyone or getting caught using a bot or spending their swagbucks), it would take that person over four years to save up enough swagbucks to buy that camera. This also assumes that it is still on sale or available in the Swagbucks store. Yes, it would be cool if that person could refer a bunch of people and earn swagbucks very quickly. However, it would probably be a lot easier and quicker to save up a couple hundred dollars and buy that camera from Amazon.
  8. killerkiller

killerkiller New Member old school

I think i noticed this too, i was messing around just searching something over and over again and the "terms of use" page popped up and i dont think i got credit for the swagbuck i earned during this continued search.
    kinda sucks but i dont think swagbucks can be botted?

maybe im wrong but i think it might be better to just search manually. :(
  9. afgncaap

The captcha thing happened to me twice since I originally made this post. However, I noticed that Swagbucks gave capital letters in its captcha, and it says that the captcha is case sensitive. I don't think I paid attention to that detail the first time it happened, so it is very likely that entered the letters in small caps. Consequently, the two times since I got the captcha I entered the letters in large caps, and I received the swagbucks in both instances.

The thing I am curious about now, though, is this: When swagbucks deactivates one's account for the use of a bot, do they do it out of the blue (i.e. send email saying "we caught you, account deactivated), or do they do this when one tries to buy something from the Swagbucks Store? The answer to this question would be good to know...

As far as searching manually versus using a bot, what I have noticed is that Swagbuck seems to be cheap in giving out Swagbucks each day whether I enter searches manually or by bot. (I've probably received about the same number of Swagbucks on a given day when I did manual searches compared to days when I used a bot.) It's just a bot is more convenient than searching manually, for obvious reasons.
  10. i used to use a bot but i got banned like that, now i just let it sit, seeing as i have 643 referrals as of now and counting ;)
  11. magiccupcake

When I got banned, I just couldn't log in. no email or anything. It was a real surprise because I hadn't used a bot in a couple weeks.
  12. afgncaap

Well, last night I got a captcha for a fourth time. I had to step away from the computer for a couple minutes, and when I came back it said I won 17 SB and had a captcha. This time, I made sure that I entered the captcha correctly (a.k.a. all upper caps), and swagbucks then told me it had expired.

It looks like what they're doing now is to just put a timer on the swagbucks. (I'll have to wait a couple of weeks then to see if I get banned.) Yeah, I'll likely go down the route of trying to get lots of referrals like shabalabadingda if I really want to get big ticket items with swagbucks. Until then, I'll just have to use Multispeed carefully and turn it off when I'm away. At least Firefox turns the tab red when Multispeed does a new search, so I know to check it right away if I am actively using FF.

Thanks for the info.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.