Am I being too nice? Read this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337K1N6

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
Reposting this from my old locked thread from February, i want more opinions on this.

Ok, so I was bored, so I got on Omegle on my iPhone and chatted with people. After 3 or 4 conversations, I encountered this person asking for donations. Here is the conversation. Read it from left to right starting with the first row :p

omeglelol.png

So instead of just disconnecting or being an asshole and calling her a scammer, I sent her a dollar PayPal (I won $30 on a GPT site contest today so it's nothing to me.)

So what's your opinion? Was I being too nice by giving this random person a dollar? What would you have done if you encountered this person on Omegle or any other random Internet chat?

Lol, I wonder how much money this person can make a day by asking for donations on Omegle :3

Yela

Senior
senior
Reaction score
Obvious fail e-whore is obvious :|.

MoneyFreak

$$$
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
That was really kind of you. Some people need help buying books to college, but I mean that she should get a job instead of begging for money at Omegle.

PhatBoyFresh

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
It definitely wasn't TOO nice, but it was still nice.

Leonanigans

Veteran
veteran
senior
Reaction score
It was likely a small-time ewhoring attempt.

yoilovecash

Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Aww you're so nice! :)

I don't think people would even get a donation on Omegle. I need money for tuition fees & books but I'll never ask on Omegle. It's a waste of time.

Molock

Reaction score
Well.
You should look up her facebook.
And see if she's hot.
And if she's not, you were being too nice.

Reactions: Leonanigans

TheSyndicate

veteran
senior
Reaction score
You're probably being called the village idiot on another forum right this very second.

Reactions: izzypopa

The Don

Senior
senior
Reaction score
lawl. You just gave a dude a dollar. No girl would make her email hotcandii thats the dumbest shit Iv'e ever seen.

M4TT3HW

Registered
Reaction score
lol

lol talk to strangers omagle somthing like that xD?

Molock

Reaction score
@The Don
You'd be surprised..

Fang

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
1337 get on omegle :).

alsoyoutube

Reaction score
Reposting this from my old locked thread from February, i want more opinions on this.

Ok, so I was bored, so I got on Omegle on my iPhone and chatted with people. After 3 or 4 conversations, I encountered this person asking for donations. Here is the conversation. Read it from left to right starting with the first row :p

omeglelol.png

So instead of just disconnecting or being an asshole and calling her a scammer, I sent her a dollar PayPal (I won $30 on a GPT site contest today so it's nothing to me.)

So what's your opinion? Was I being too nice by giving this random person a dollar? What would you have done if you encountered this person on Omegle or any other random Internet chat?

Lol, I wonder how much money this person can make a day by asking for donations on Omegle :3
i need donations so i could buy colldge books also :< please send me money to my paypal

Glasgowgrin

Banned
Reaction score
Reactions: HeavenKatana

Curt

Founder of TBN
veteran
old school
senior
Life Saver
Reaction score
Website
itscurt.com
Lol it's not too nice, but generosity does make you and the people you give to feel good. Whenever I see a homeless person that's actually sitting in the cold or rain, I give them about 1-5 dollars, and sometimes even the food I order for myself. My barber only costs $6 per cut, and since he takes his time per cut, he's probably making less than minimum wage so the last time I went there I paid him double the price of the cut. I get shit pay @ my job and it being a tipping job I know how much people rely on tips or money so I feel better to make other people feel better. However if someone online came up to me and asked for money, I probably would tell them to fuck off and earn it themselves, unless I'm in the feeling generous or in the feeling of giving. Sad thing is I'd probably give it to someone asking on omegle than someone from tbn asking me, since people on TBN are supposed to already know how to make a dollar at ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.