Not open for further replies.

AKIRADEATH

Veteran
Original poster
veteran
senior
Reaction score
Hello!
I'm making a Launcher for my game and I need help with... *eats a biscuit* ...the Code that executes the game.My code is here:
Code:
if System("C:\test.exe"); 
                 {exit (1);}
                 else
                 {MessageBox::Show("Failed to Execute Operation 23:Crazy Warfare.\nMake sure you have installed OP23:CW correctly.", "Failed to Execute Operation 23:Crazy Warfare!", MessageBoxButtons::OK, MessageBoxIcon::Error); exit (1);}

Errors I get:
Code:
1>------ Build started: Project: OP23CW Launcher, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  OP23CW Launcher.cpp
1>c:\documents and settings\thanasis14.tha_14\τα έγγραφά μου\visual studio 2010\projects\op23cw launcher\op23cw launcher\Form1.h(106): error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'System'
1>c:\documents and settings\thanasis14.tha_14\τα έγγραφά μου\visual studio 2010\projects\op23cw launcher\op23cw launcher\Form1.h(108): error C2181: illegal else without matching if
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I will appreciate it if you could help me.

TheSyndicate

veteran
senior
Reaction score
Putting a semicolon after an if statement is a syntax error and will not compile, it should look something like:

Code:
if(a == 10)
{
     //code here
}

else
{
     //code here
}

Here's what cplusplus.com says about "System()"

The value returned when the argument passed is not NULL, depends on the running environment specifications. In many systems, 0 is used to indicate that the command was successfully executed and other values to indicate some sort of error.
When the argument passed is NULL, the function returns a nonzero value if the command processor is available, and zero otherwise.

So, your first if statement should be:

Code:
if(System("C:\test.exe") == 0)
{
     //successful
}

else
{
     //unsuccessful
}

Also, what's up with your MessageBox code? Looks like you're trying to use C# code. Are you using a library? If not, the standard MessageBox that is defined in Windows.h is:

Code:
MessageBox(hwnd, LPCTSTR text, LPCTSTR caption, uint);

You could use it like so:

Code:
MessageBox(0, "Hello world!", "Some caption here", MB_OK);

Reactions: AKIRADEATH

AKIRADEATH

Veteran
Original poster
veteran
senior
Reaction score
Thanks Sooooo MUCH!!
Also The messageBox is working just great as I wanted.
Thanks again!

Reactions: TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate

veteran
senior
Reaction score
You're welcome. If you ever need any help, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.