Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrieg

Platinum Member
Original poster
veteran
senior
Reaction score
Sorry for making another thread about this thing but I have one more question. My other thread everyone tell me to use proxy if I wanna download stuff. But does a proxy or VPN(They are the same right?) protect you from the RIAA or whatever they are called from knowing it's you.

btw: RIAA is the people that sue you and make you pay 2 million dollars for downloading 24 songs(if you know that story)

BitcH

Old School
old school
senior
Reaction score
proxy != vpn. They will see right through the proxy, vpn would be significantly more secure as they would have to hack or have cooperation from the vpn service to find you. Many VPN's are also optimized for downloading.

Blitzkrieg

Platinum Member
Original poster
veteran
senior
Reaction score
Do you know any free VPN softwares? And they can't hack into your VPN right? If they do you can sue them?

Blitzkrieg

Platinum Member
Original poster
veteran
senior
Reaction score
Free VPN? http://tinyurl.com/kp9mol Can't? well ofc they can.. Will they? fuck no. Sue them? lol.

Lol, I know what google is I just want a recommendation on what is a good one because I tried OpenVPN and I spent 1 hour trying to make it work but I couldn't get it to work.

Prariredog

Reaction score
Proxyswitcherpro
and
Anonymous proxys
and
Mac changer
and
Good Firewall
and
Peerblock
This is all the Winning tools to hide yourself from bitches

Reactions: Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Platinum Member
Original poster
veteran
senior
Reaction score
RIAA won't do shit, it's all there to scare you.

Well all these google stuff I search up sure is scaring me lol.

@above, thanks I think I'll try Peerblock, everyone says that's a good one.

Blitzkrieg

Platinum Member
Original poster
veteran
senior
Reaction score
Ok I have one more question can someone answer.

What if my friend downloads a game I want and sends it to me to my email and I download it from my email, will I still have a chance to get in trouble?

aluminum

Veteran
veteran
senior
Reaction score
Ok I have one more question can someone answer.

What if my friend downloads a game I want and sends it to me to my email and I download it from my email, will I still have a chance to get in trouble?

A chance of getting in trouble? Yes there is always a chance, but that chance is very very slim.

Blitzkrieg

Platinum Member
Original poster
veteran
senior
Reaction score
A chance of getting in trouble? Yes there is always a chance, but that chance is very very slim.

Like if they download and send to my email for me to download, how will anybody find out, if they even find out that means they are getting into my email looking at my private stuff. They can't do that, and how would they tell it is a game, they wouldn't have any suspicion because I'm downloading from my email.

PixelPirate

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
Generally, if you are not uploading a shit ton of stuff...they won't come after you...Saying that, I have had a DMCA warning myself and I have prevented from getting more via vpn's and peerblock.

Blitzkrieg

Platinum Member
Original poster
veteran
senior
Reaction score
Can someone answer that one question about email thing, I really need to know that like right now, that's the last thing I need to know, I'll give some "appreciation(if you know what I mean)" to who ever answer that question I had.

jmsoft

Reaction score
RomeoDakins,

Email is not secure or private. Any network admin from one of dozens of points online can see your email, if not encrypted. Furthermore, there are a dozen ways to get your ip, computer configuration, host name, city/state just by opening your email, or a document attached to it.

Food for thought.

Reactions: Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Platinum Member
Original poster
veteran
senior
Reaction score
RomeoDakins,

Email is _NOT_ secure or private. Any network admin from one of dozens of points online can see your email, if not encrypted. Furthermore, there are a dozen ways to get your ip, computer configuration, host name, city/state just by opening your email, or a document attached to it.

Food for thought.

So if I encrypt it(How do you encrypt?), AND download it with VPN it will be 100% safe?

jmsoft

Reaction score
So if I encrypt it(How do you encrypt?), AND download it with VPN it will be 100% safe?

Not sure if anything could ever be 100%.

Just google for different email encrypters, use a VPN, anonymous email boxes, community wifi... Even with all that, you are still never 100% safe, but you just have to consider the threat.

Each level of protection you give yourself, makes it that much less likely that anyone would put that level of effort into it, unless it was of dire importance.

Blitzkrieg

Platinum Member
Original poster
veteran
senior
Reaction score
Not sure if anything could ever be 100%.

Just google for different email encrypters, use a VPN, anonymous email boxes, community wifi... Even with all that, you are still never 100% safe, but you just have to consider the threat.

Each level of protection you give yourself, makes it that much less likely that anyone would put that level of effort into it, unless it was of dire importance.

Ok thanks! I'm going to try a VPN, do you know anything about OpenVPN, I'm trying to connect to vpn.vpnreactor.net, how do I do that?

jmsoft

Reaction score
When I want to be anon online, I open a vm, go to puiblic wifi and open a new hotmail account. I only access that account from open wifi spots using the vm.

I have never used a VPN, so no, I cannot offer any insight there. Sorry.

Blitzkrieg

Platinum Member
Original poster
veteran
senior
Reaction score
When I want to be anon online, I open a vm, go to puiblic wifi and open a new hotmail account. I only access that account from open wifi spots using the vm.

I have never used a VPN, so no, I cannot offer any insight there. Sorry.

Ok thanks anyways, I figured out how to connect to a VPN just now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.