Not open for further replies.

AIDS

Veteran
Original poster
veteran
senior
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have this question i'm really concern, Let say i have a friend who selling knock off item from china (Bose Headphone) to Ebay, And he is making alot of profits from this stuff, What would be happend if ebay find out?

lilc800

Veteran
veteran
senior
Reaction score
Knock offs are all over Ebay... I think the thing is not actually saying it the item like how dealextreme says like "designers head phones.."

But if you go to the right people in china they make fakes that even the pros can't tell a part!

Like know a company that make dre.beats and they go all the down to the package and I still can't tell the different even with the books inside

BitcH

Old School
old school
senior
Reaction score
His eBay account would be closed and all money made (recently) from the product would be removed from the Paypal account IF proper evidence could be provided. I know I didn't change the font, but that's a pretty big IF. Much more likely would be a buyer dispute which it would be his best interest to not fight and just take the loss to continue business.

austinbolt

Old School
old school
Reaction score
Paypal would get involved... thats wat happened to me...

AIDS

Veteran
Original poster
veteran
senior
Reaction score
What he can do to get less trouble? (Without paying money back to the buyer of course) Change of address and everything? Or close ebay and paypal account asap?

logomaster304

Reaction score
it kinda depends what you mean by less trouble..its not like they are going to call the cops. If you made all the sales and all the transactions went through paypal and then into your hands then that money is safe.
If your paypal account is connected to a real bank account or CC, paypal will money out of there...if not then paypal will put your account into negative and eBay will close your account.

If you gave your real address, you'll prolly get a harsh mail every now and then but I believe thats just about the worst trouble you'll get to :\ (but you might wanna double check on that)

murdomeek

Old School
old school
senior
Reaction score
make another paypal account, transfer profits to that account
so if you get caught, then you have no loss
(of course you must to all that careful)

kristenmix

Reaction score
this is what e-bay says them selfs: If an item has a company's name or logo on it, but it wasn't made or endorsed by the company, it's not allowed on eBay.
If you see an item and think it's counterfeit, you can report it.
If you bought an item that doesn't match the seller's description, you can open a case in our Resolution Center.
From there the replicas says this:
Policy overview

Items that bear a company's official brand name or logo can be listed as long as the products were made or officially endorsed by that company.
For a safer buying and selling experience on eBay, we don't allow listings for counterfeit items, fakes, replicas, or unauthorized copies. Unauthorized copies include things that are backed-up, bootlegged, duplicated, or pirated—which are all illegal. These kinds of things may infringe on someone's copyright or trademark.
For examples of what you can and can't sell on eBay, see the guidelines below.
Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
Be sure to report listings that offer counterfeit items or replicas. We also encourage you to report listings that offer unauthorized copies of media.
What are the guidelines?

Here are some examples of items that can and can't be listed on eBay (note that this isn't an exhaustive list):
iconAllowed_25x25.gif

Allowed

• Homemade movies you own the rights to
  • Music you wrote, recorded, and own the rights to
  • Photos you captured yourself and own the rights to
  • Software you created and own the rights to or have been authorized to sell online
iconRestricted_25x25.gif

Restricted
Public domain media (see our public domain media policy for more info)
iconNotAllowed_25x25.gif

Not allowed

• Backup or archival copies of software
  • Bootleg recordings from concerts or other live shows (see our bootleg recordings policy for more info)
  • Counterfeits, fakes, or replicas of brand name items like:
    • Handbags (for example, a purse bearing the Chanel® name or logo that wasn't made by Chanel)
    • Scarves
    • Sunglasses
    • Wallets
    • Watches
    • Other accessories
  • Counterfeit electronics (like cell phones) or software
  • Counterfeit replacement parts or consumables that weren't made by the manufacturer that the items are labeled with. For example, a battery labeled as a Nokia® cell phone battery that wasn't made by Nokia
  • Fake autographs
  • Media (such as CDs or DVDs) containing scanned pages from a book, magazine, manual, or other copyrighted materials that you didn't officially create
  • Unauthorized or pirated copies of things like:
    • Movies or videos
    • Music CDs or MP3s
    • Photos
    • Software
    • TV programs (including CDs or DVDs containing shows that were taped from television)
    • Video games

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html
I hope that helps but like every one else said... theres a TON of fake stuff out there anyways

seb9680

Reaction score
as long as he doesnt say that they are real dre beats or whatever hes alright

playerguz

Reaction score
You cant label dre beats at all if their fake. On sites like deal extream they don't call the dre beats for a reason. I remember a women being charged a crap load for cheating people from cell phones on ebay. She said in small print at the bottom on the page that you would only receive a picture of a cell phone, not the cell phone. Personally I wouldn't mess around on ebay too much. Sell one pair not 50 pairs in one month.

Bubba925

Old School
old school
Reaction score
Website
www.bubbadrk.blogspot.com
Depending on how much of a dent in sales you are making for Bose, Bose may take action against your friend. However most of the time they will probably just send you a C&D order. And your Paypal funds may be at risk.

atthebull

Reaction score
paypal will freeze your account. if it gets really serious, they will debt your paypal account for alleged charges then send a collection agency after you, if this happens msg me, i can tell you the steps i took to get them off my back

MrFun4Free

Senior
senior
Reaction score
I do this, I get over $100 a day, good cash, nobody have found Im a hacker as I make fake product exacly the same, but my pair dont work. So they still get item, and to make it a fake, well say the REAL working 1 is $10, i sell for $13, mine only costs me $4.5, each to make

Status
Not open for further replies.