Not open for further replies.

ElCapitan

El Capitan
Original poster
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
It seems like hurricane irene is gonna hit hard on the east cost.This is where I live. New Jersey hasn't had a evacuation in a long time so it's a bit scary. I know other states like NC and SC are doing evacuations. Anyone else evacuating the east cost?

Kanni

Senior
senior
Reaction score
WHere do you go to check? Im interested in how hard, i heard there's gonna be a flood where i live.

iNsAnE

Senior
senior
Reaction score
Friend lives up in jersey. Haven't heard from him in a while. Might be why, :(

ElCapitan

El Capitan
Original poster
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
L

lockerzking

I live in PA and i know it;s going to hit us hard but i havent heard any evacuations for us

Paypal Verify

Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26295161/ns/weather/t/hurricane-tracker/

Incase you guys want to stay in touch with the hurricanes. There is a tropical storm also headed towards NY/PA but its WAYYYYYYY to early to predict where its going to hit. That is just the course it is headed

EDIT: I was also watching a show on history that was made a couple years ago about what would happen if a hurricane did hit new york. Flipped the channel soon after though but I am guessing it wouldn't be the best thing in the world.

Njunk

Reaction score
This storm is pretty ridonkulous, only got a few bands of the storm so some thunderstorming only thankfully.
at201109_sat.jpg

Paypal Verify

Reaction score
This storm is pretty ridonkulous, only got a few bands of the storm so some thunderstorming only thankfully.
at201109_sat.jpg

Looked at it from space and it is a monster. I never really looked at hurricanes but do all hurricanes catagory 3+ get major attention like this..? I don't know much about hurricanes so I am wondering why this one is so special

Njunk

Reaction score
Looked at it from space and it is a monster. I never really looked at hurricanes but do all hurricanes catagory 3+ get major attention like this..? I don't know much about hurricanes so I am wondering why this one is so special

This one is special, merely for the fact that it has its sight set for the Northeast. Most hurricanes get nowhere close to the NE US. However, all category 3+ hurricanes are very serious business. They can cause some pretty bad devastation (trees knocked over and uprooted, roofs blown off and boats thrown on the shore like toys, etc).

ElCapitan

El Capitan
Original poster
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
To get an idea of how bad a category 3 is. If you live in the US and heard of hurricane katrina. That was a category 3. To live in the North-eastern part of the USA. We never EVER had a hurricane hit us that was more than category 1. The last hurricane to hit us got weak and turned into a tropical storm.

Paypal Verify

Reaction score
That is nuts. Not gonna lie (looking at the 'Hurricane HD' app) it seems Florida has a force field around it, most of the hurricanes go around it or get near and bounce back somewhere else

mpvsuperstar

Veteran
veteran
Reaction score
It seems like hurricane irene is gonna hit hard on the east cost.This is where I live. New Jersey hasn't had a evacuation in a long time so it's a bit scary. I know other states like NC and SC are doing evacuations. Anyone else evacuating the east cost?

What part of Jersey? I live in Jersey also but there aren't evacuations where I live. So I'm guessing you live closer dts? Cause I know Point Pleasant is having an evacuation.

ElCapitan

El Capitan
Original poster
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
What part of Jersey? I live in Jersey also but there aren't evacuations where I live. So I'm guessing you live closer dts? Cause I know Point Pleasant is having an evacuation.

I live in ventnor (its right next to atlantic city) They're evacuating most of the southern islands and anything near the beaches cause of flooding. I take it that anything away from the beach will be a little safer than us at the coast.

Njunk

Reaction score
That is nuts. Not gonna lie (looking at the 'Hurricane HD' app) it seems Florida has a force field around it, most of the hurricanes go around it or get near and bounce back somewhere else

This is because hurricanes are tropical systems of LOW pressure. High pressure systems are basically what "steers" a hurricane. One recently passed through the US and is on Florida, steering the hurricane north and away from the high.

mpvsuperstar

Veteran
veteran
Reaction score
I live in ventnor (its right next to atlantic city) They're evacuating most of the southern islands and anything near the beaches cause of flooding. I take it that anything away from the beach will be a little safer than us at the coast.

Yeah, cause I live like 2 hours away from AC and more closer to NY but it may still be bad around the suburbs.

ElCapitan

El Capitan
Original poster
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
So,yeah it's official for me. They started voluntary evacuations an hour ago and it's mandatory by 6am tomorrow. I don't like getting up early. I wish anyone who's also evacuating a safe evacuation and that their homes don't get destroyed. I'm off this. GOTTA PACK AND GET SOME REST!

genpimp

Reaction score
that sucks i live in rhode island we probably probably gettin no shit like always but hey last year it was march flooding pretty bad

iTrue

Reaction score
I live in Virginia and we might get hit between tomorrow night and saturday but no evacuations yet : ((( im kinda scared. They say no power for a week : ((((

TJ refound me my sub for like 5 days whenever we get the power we gonna lose :p

Kanni

Senior
senior
Reaction score
I live in Virginia and we might get hit between tomorrow night and saturday but no evacuations yet : ((( im kinda scared. They say no power for a week : ((((

TJ refound me my sub for like 5 days whenever we get the power we gonna lose :p

I live in virginia too :blink:

We aren't getting hit hard.

iTrue

Reaction score
I live in virginia too :blink:

We aren't getting hit hard.

I live like 5 minutes from the ocean :O
But we are suppose to have a black out so if I go to some girl's house at night her parents won't know :p

Kanni

Senior
senior
Reaction score
I live like 5 minutes from the ocean :O
But we are suppose to have a black out so if I go to some girl's house at night her parents won't know :p

I live in sterling :amuse:

rupam95

Reaction score
I can't wait :bigsmile:

It's so quiet in this city........:ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.