Getting a Information Technology degree for programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mathilda555

Original poster

I am currently 17 and in my senior year of high school and I am in a dual enrollment program at a tech center. I am currently doing a class called Information Technology Services which pretty much guarantees me a PC technician job after high school if I pass the CompTIA A+. But I also plan to go to a community college and get maybe an Associates degree or bachelors for IT. Now IT involves maintaining computer hardware, networks, etc. But I also have been interested in Programming (C++, Java, Python, etc.) I just want to know, Can I get a career in computer language programming with an Information Technology degree and if the courses even teach some of the basics for it? or should I go for a Computer Science degree instead since it seems more in depth? Thanks.

IT services san francisco

PhriXion

Veteran
veteran
senior
Reaction score
Website
www.djjiggler.com
I'm currently a Computer Information Technology major at a local university and I have both COBAL Programming and Networking classes. I would first go for your Associates in IT if you're really wanting to get a good job, then when you have time start your Bachelors in it like me.

Reactions: iNsAnE

cthomas

Registered
Reaction score
A computer science degree is undoubtedly more in-depth and will qualify you for a number of IT careers. However, it will also take you longer to complete a CS degree because it’s usually available at Bachelor’s level. If you’re keen on making a career in programming, then maybe a computer programming degree may be more appropriate for you. Why don’t you browse through the details of this degree at California College San Diego and see if you can find the answer for some of your questions?

PhriXion

Veteran
veteran
senior
Reaction score
Website
www.djjiggler.com
A computer science degree is undoubtedly more in-depth and will qualify you for a number of IT careers. However, it will also take you longer to complete a CS degree because it’s usually available at Bachelor’s level. If you’re keen on making a career in programming, then maybe a computer programming degree may be more appropriate for you. Why don’t you browse through the details of this degree at California College San Diego and see if you can find the answer for some of your questions?

The OP is banned. I fail to see why your post was necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.