Graphics Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartin

Old School
Original poster
old school
Reaction score
Ok, I know that the graphics card handles 2D and 3D rendering for the monitor and games, but I was wondering if the graphics card plays any role in video editing.

Part 2 of my question, how do I gauge a graphics card, which points should I compare and can you give me examples of what each level could run?

Ex:
@10 rpm: read email smoothly
@20 rpm: play flash game smoothly
@50 rpm: play runescape? smoothly
@100rpm: play SCII? smoothly
Also include any comments on video playback--high compression formats like MP4

SilentAbyss

Senior
senior
Reaction score
no video cards only get games to look better and mp4 i think you might needa compression

Serb

Based
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
In video editing you need to have a good video card but an even better processor and ram for rendering your videos.

spartin

Old School
Original poster
old school
Reaction score
So when deciding the computer build I should put more money on the cpu than the gpu, since I'm not too interested in better gaming?

But can anyone give me a ranking system for graphics cards in general?
>I know manufacturer does play a role in quality, but yeah, is there a ranking system?

Serb

Based
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
http://www.overclock.net/graphics-cards-general/502403-graphics-card-ranking-5th-time-last.html

PM safety, he has an amazing list for every pc part

Reactions: spartin

scycry

Reaction score
Well if youre into modelling and video editing you should get like the quadro nvidia serires or the ati fire pro series.

The gtx,gt,hd series are for gaming :p

Im too lazy to find a scale but you can check it out at http://www.tomshardware.com/

N

nicolle

Ok, I know that the graphics card handles 2D and 3D rendering for the monitor and games, but I was wondering if the graphics card plays any role in video editing.

Part 2 of my question, how do I gauge a graphics card, which points should I compare and can you give me examples of what each level could run?

Ex:
@10 rpm: read email smoothly
@20 rpm: play flash game smoothly
@50 rpm: play runescape? smoothly
@100rpm: play SCII? smoothly
Also include any comments on video playback--high compression formats like MP4

if u r using some powerful editor like vegas,then u need graphic card with faster processor...

Status
Not open for further replies.