Hacker Group Anonymous Vows To Destroy Facebook On November 5 is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PUREGOLD

Original poster
Reaction score
I just got a message from a page from facebook that Hacker Group Anonymous Vows To Destroy Facebook On November 5

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/anonymous-facebook-2011-8#ixzz1Ue3Qlk1E

Hacktivist group Anonymous, which has been responsible for cyber-attacks on the Pentagon, News Corp, and others, has vowed to destroy Facebook on November 5th

The full text of the announcement, made on YouTube and reported by Village Voice, is below:
Operation Facebook

DATE: November 5, 2011.

TARGET: https://facebook.com

Press:
Twitter : https://twitter.com/OP_Facebook
http://piratepad.net/YCPcpwrl09
Irc.Anonops.Li #OpFaceBook
Attention citizens of the world,

We wish to get your attention, hoping you heed the warnings as follows:
Your medium of communication you all so dearly adore will be destroyed. If you are a willing hacktivist or a guy who just wants to protect the freedom of information then join the cause and kill facebook for the sake of your own privacy.

Facebook has been selling information to government agencies and giving clandestine access to information security firms so that they can spy on people from all around the world. Some of these so-called whitehat infosec firms are working for authoritarian governments, such as those of Egypt and Syria.

Everything you do on Facebook stays on Facebook regardless of your "privacy" settings, and deleting your account is impossible, even if you "delete" your account, all your personal info stays on Facebook and can be recovered at any time. Changing the privacy settings to make your Facebook account more "private" is also a delusion. Facebook knows more about you than your family. http://www.physorg.com/news17061427...acebook-steals-numbers-and-data-from-your-iph....

You cannot hide from the reality in which you, the people of the internet, live in. Facebook is the opposite of the Antisec cause. You are not safe from them nor from any government. One day you will look back on this and realise what we have done here is right, you will thank the rulers of the internet, we are not harming you but saving you.

The riots are underway. It is not a battle over the future of privacy and publicity. It is a battle for choice and informed consent. It's unfolding because people are being raped, tickled, molested, and confused into doing things where they don't understand the consequences. Facebook keeps saying that it gives users choices, but that is completely false. It gives users the illusion of and hides the details away from them "for their own good" while they then make millions off of you. When a service is "free," it really means they're making money off of you and your information.

Think for a while and prepare for a day that will go down in history. November 5 2011, #opfacebook . Engaged.

This is our world now. We exist without nationality, without religious bias. We have the right to not be surveilled, not be stalked, and not be used for profit. We have the right to not live as slaves.

We are anonymous
We are legion
We do not forgive
We do not forget
Expect us
UPDATE:
According to one tipster, Facebook would not be "destroyed," per se. What's more likely to happen is a DDoS (denial of service) attack on Facebook which could, if successful, prevent users from reaching the site for anywhere from minutes to hours.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/anonymous-facebook-2011-8#ixzz1Ue4QRpvm

i dont know what to say.. thats why i want to share it. whats your opinion on this??

i'm scared.... :dubstep:

Reactions: TearsInVegas

MoneyFreak

$$$
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
According to one tipster, Facebook would not be "destroyed," per se. What's more likely to happen is a DDoS (denial of service) attack on Facebook which could, if successful, prevent users from reaching the site for anywhere from minutes to hours.
I'm really sure their mission will fail. Facebook got one of the best servers in the world and i'm sure they have DDOS-Protection.

Blue

Is Stylin' On You
senior
Reaction score
I've heard about anonymous and their pranks before. Like pranking Oprah.

I believe in Anonymous, and I vouch for them. They actually fight for society, they know what's going beyond the normal eye and common people.

#AnonymousForPresident

I'm really sure their mission will fail. Facebook got one of the best servers in the world and i'm sure they have DDOS-Protection.

Anonymous is much stronger. any hacker knows that blackhat > whitehat

Serb

Based
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
We are ready

Reactions: PUREGOLD

Blue

Is Stylin' On You
senior
Reaction score
yeah! TBN is ready... is there a history of hacking TBN?

History of people hacking into TBN?

Or TBN hacking for other things?

Most people wouldn't consider hacking into TBN. Plus, anonymous wouldn't hack us because we're just like them. All of us here are anonymous, and we're on here because we can say what we want to say. Anonymous is fighting for free speech, etc.

As for TBN hacking others, no, not as a group. We do have a few hackers on the website, but we all pretty much work for ourselves.

UndeadCircus

Reaction score
If they want to do anything worthwhile, they should definitely leave out the old DDoS tricks. DDoS is simply just annoying to users.. They'll go on, expect to login to Facebook, it'll be down, and they'll just come back in a few hours. It really does nothing to "take" anyone down. If they want to hit them hard, I suggest they get deep in the servers. Royally fuck up the guts from the inside out. A simple DDoS on something as big as Facebook is going to do absolutely nothing.

Reactions: kkrazyy

LittleDavidTa

Senior
senior
Reaction score
So like this "Anonymous" hacked my friend and commented on his post.
Thing was that I told him to hack me. And he never did.

h4xfr33

Veteran
veteran
senior
Reaction score
I will only be impressed if they successfully deface and ddos google.

Reactions: Yela and PhriXion

PUREGOLD

Original poster
Reaction score
im learning everyday.... this is awesome! :) getting to know more about whats happening about hackers :D

pillars of TBN are participating... :D yeah!

Blue

Is Stylin' On You
senior
Reaction score
So like this "Anonymous" hacked my friend and commented on his post.
Thing was that I told him to hack me. And he never did.

Well it wasn't exactly from the Anon organization, considering anonymous doesn't do things like that.

BladeofDeath

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! I can't wait I hope Facebook never recovers from it's crippling too, I tried to delete five of my accounts like fifty times but it just "deactivates" >.> I want it gone... love anonymous now <3♥

mathiash98

Reaction score
I don't think Anonymous will do this, Anonymous is on the people's side
It can be someone else that are using Anonymous' name...

TheSyndicate

veteran
senior
Reaction score
Anonymous, to me, sounds like a bunch of bitch kids who want to be cool and DDoS IP addresses. It's getting old. I don't take their silly threats serious at all. Yeah I've heard of them defacing websites and releasing mass lists of accounts and passwords, but I think they just get lucky with those.

Reactions: Grotoy and kkrazyy

UndeadCircus

Reaction score
Anonymous, to me, sounds like a bunch of bitch kids who want to be cool and DDoS IP addresses. It's getting old. I don't take their silly threats serious at all. Yeah I've heard of them defacing websites and releasing mass lists of accounts and passwords, but I think they just get lucky with those.
Agreed. A majority of their "hacks" are nothing but DDoS script-kiddie BS.

omarfw

Reaction score
Website
www.gamermc.com
No server is safe from a ddos large enough. It exploits the one flaw of how the internet works. The bottleneck. You can harden your ip stack against it but that only helps to a certain extent.

In order for a server to be immune to ddos it would have to be able to support an unlimited amount of incoming bandwidth.

Reactions: Kratos and Sinocard

Konizuzu

Veteran
veteran
senior
Reaction score
i don't want to say anything bad for anonymous Group. because when they see my comment, they will kill me for real in online :(

i like what they are doing. i hope they will do something, that helps people :)

and what for the Facebook matter?
I don't like facebook, because there is so much junk. So much advertising.
and the Admin/staff, i don't like those, because they Ban me :D

Prariredog

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure publicly stating you're a member of anonymous automatically disqualifies you from being in anonymous. Catch 22 much?
No not really because I use a different proxy and a mac btw im using a different computer.

jjbot

Registered
Reaction score
Can't see them destroying it, will be pretty good to see what happens though. Are they just going on a rampage for lulz now or is it still 'for freedom'

Status
Not open for further replies.