Not open for further replies.

Shortiie

Veteran
Original poster
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
Ever since Sunday night, my computer's been acting all stupid.. It would take 10 minutes for computer to start up. After it passes the DELL page, my screen would go black for like 5 minutes, and all I see is my mouse.

Then it would load up like normal. Small little things are acting up as well. Before, whenever I open programs that I do with Administrator, a popup would show up asking for my permission. Whenever I do that now, nothing pops up, and the program won't open. For example, if I open up CCleaner, it would normally ask for my permission, but now it doesn't, and the program won't open. I would check Task Manager, and it would show CCleaner open in processes, and consent.exe was open as well. Then like literally 20 minutes later, the permission popup finally opens.

I tried using system restore, but after I check everything, and load it up, the computer would stay at the "preparing your computer for system restore". I waited half an hour and it didn't change at all..

I ran MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, and i didn't find any viruses on my computer.

Also, Firefox would often "not respond". Like every 2 minutes, Firefox would freeze up, and not respond. I would have to wait another minute for it to unfreeze.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Please. I need all the help I can get.

Blue

Is Stylin' On You
senior
Reaction score
Your HD isn't making any loud unusual sound is it? if so, that might be the problem.

Otherwise I'm pretty sure it's your OS. Maybe a faulty registry or something, but it can also be a virus.

If you can, try doing a clean OS install. I've had the exact problem before and it worked.

Reactions: Fang

Fang

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
Backup everything important and do a clean OS install.

Your HD isn't making any loud unusual sound is it? if so, that might be the problem.

Otherwise I'm pretty sure it's your OS. Maybe a faulty registry or something, but it can also be a virus.

If you can, try doing a clean OS install. I've had the exact problem before and it worked.
^Fixed it when my desktop was going all apeshit. Similar problems, it would load the desktop, mouse would show, and it would just be a black screen. I would wait about 10 minutes, if it didn't change i would have to restart :eek:h:.

Shortiie

Veteran
Original poster
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
How would I do clean OS install? :/.

Skander

Reaction score
don't do a clean install, try downloading a registry cleaner, doing a complete scan with malware-bytes and check your harddrive.

if that doesn't help then you need to do the clean install.

Shortiie

Veteran
Original poster
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
don't do a clean install, try downloading a registry cleaner, doing a complete scan with malware-bytes and check your harddrive.

if that doesn't help then you need to do the clean install.
I don't know what's going on. I tried the Windows Disk Cleanup, but when i ran it, the program just froze. The loading bar didn't budge at all... I ran a scan with my Malwarebytes, and it didn't find anything. How do I even do a clean install?

Skander

Reaction score
use the OS cd.
you will probably lose everything.

i am sure it's a hardware issue if there's no virus.
if an OS install didn't help, then check the harddrive.
and if i remember that there's a hard drive testing option on the BIOS, try it.

Fang

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
If you have the windows install disc, pop it in, and restart your computer. You will have the option to wipe your entire HD along the way, choose that and let it install. Don't forget to backup. If you lost the disc, go to pspiso.com and find the version of windows your computer can support and or uses. Download, burn it to a CD.

Skander

Reaction score
Another thing, did you install anything new before this happened?
new software, new parts?

after reading this
"Then it would load up like normal. Small little things are acting up as well. Before, whenever I open programs that I do with Administrator, a popup would show up asking for my permission. Whenever I do that now, nothing pops up, and the program won't open. For example, if I open up CCleaner, it would normally ask for my permission, but now it doesn't, and the program won't open. I would check Task Manager, and it would show CCleaner open in processes, and consent.exe was open as well. Then like literally 20 minutes later, the permission popup finally opens."
it seems like a trojan / virus infected your registry.
firefox not loading is also a symptom to the "Kiara" trojan.
wipe your hard drive, you simply can't remove it, you probably allowed permission for some program, and it was the kiara trojan, after giving it permission, it will act as the "system"

Shortiie

Veteran
Original poster
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
If you have the windows install disc, pop it in, and restart your computer. You will have the option to wipe your entire HD along the way, choose that and let it install. Don't forget to backup. If you lost the disc, go to pspiso.com and find the version of windows your computer can support and or uses. Download, burn it to a CD.
I bought a separate Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade disc so update my OS. I've already used it once, would it still work?

Another thing, did you install anything new before this happened?
new software, new parts?

I think there might have been a Windows Update that took place, but my system restore can't find any restore points past the update that took place yesterday, which won't be any helpful...

Blue

Is Stylin' On You
senior
Reaction score
I bought a separate Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade disc so update my OS. I've already used it once, would it still work?

Yes it should.

Skander

Reaction score

I think there might have been a Windows Update that took place, but my system restore can't find any restore points past the update that took place yesterday, which won't be any helpful...

1 second, i have a direct link for windows 7 ultimate x86 and x64.
hold on and i will post it.

http://martik-scorp2.blogspot.com/2010/03/windows-7-ultimateenterprise-direct.html

it includes the direct download and windows 7 loader.
i use it, still 2 years, updates working and validation is alright. :D

Shortiie

Veteran
Original poster
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
Omg... So I ran the disk for my windows 7 upgrade, ran the installation, but it literarlly froze like halfway through. The bar didnt move at all for over an hour, so i decided to restart the computer. Now when i turn on my computer, instead of normal start up, it shows the message, "Setup is starting up services". Then i get a pop up saying "The computer restarted unexpectedly orencountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click ok to restart the computer, and then restart the installation". And so i do, but after i restart, i get the same error. So basically, im stuck in an endless loop. Ive tried bootin in safe mode but i still get the same answer. So now im stuck and cant use my computer at all.

Toker

Reaction score
The same thing happened to my computer when i uninstalled my graphics driver

Shortiie

Veteran
Original poster
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
Bump. Anyone...?!

Konizuzu

Veteran
veteran
senior
Reaction score
hard disk is broken. if you can try another hard disk..
i think, that it's hard disk.
BUT no WORRY !!. You haven't Lost anything yet.
you can use somekind of Datarecovery software
example this_
http://www.runtime.org/data-recovery-products.htm

but it's not free. but you know what to do.....

Status
Not open for further replies.