How to Double your Microsoft Points/share with a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIRIK1

Original poster
Reaction score

Did you know you can share your downloaded content with a friend? Kinda, lend me your ear…

Xbox live has a built in license transfer feature to protect you in the event your xbox bites the dust and you want your purchased content back. Fortunately for us this can also be used to share games with your friends.

For ease of explanation I am going to use:
Gamer1 (you)
Gamer2 (your friend)
Gamer3 (new account)

Hear is how to do it:
1. Gamer1 creates a brand new Gamertag ( which will now be referred to as Gamer3) and add your Microsoft points to it.
2. Purchase any game, add-on, dlc etc. with Gamer3 and use all the points on the account. The content purchased for games is licensed to the “console” not the “gamertag”, which means anything you buy on the console will work for all gametags on that console.
3. Wait for the download(s) to complete and now you can give the downloaded content to your friend for free!
4. Give Gamer2 the Gamer3 account email and password.
5. Have Gamer2 Sign-in on Xbox.com using the Gamer3 information
6. While on Xbox.com, go to “My Xbox” and then select “Account”
7. Under “Device Management” there is an option for “Transfer Content Licenses” select it.
8. The Gamer1 Console I.D. will show up for which your purchased content is purchased on, click next
9. Have Gamer2 “Recover Gamertag” using the Gamer3 information on there console
10. Once signed in as Gamer3 follow the xbox on screen instructions and follow the Xbox.com instructions and the license transfer will be complete.
11. Now have Gamer3 on the Gamer2 console go to the downloaded content in the Xbox Live Marketplace and the already purchased content will show up as “already purchased”.
12. Set it to download again, once it is done sign out and back into your own profile.
13. Bam! Now you and your friend have the same content with a 2 for 1 deal J

You can only do this 1 time per year per Gamertag. That is why we use a new gamertags each time.
You can delete the now un-used gamertag from your console by going to the Data Management on your xbox. When you delete it you are given the option for “Delete Profile Only” or “Delete Profile and licenses”, select “Profile Only”.

This method works with all:
Arcade Games
Games On Demand
Game Add-ons
In Game Content
Game DLC
Map Packs
Movies & Videos

This method does not work on:
Themes
Xbox Live Gold Memberships

I also have some accounts for sale here
http://thebotnet.com/selling/72549-selling-xbox-360-arcade-games-on/#post580192

Reactions: daventodd123

daventodd123

Reaction score
And this is how my cousin NOW has all the map packs for BO :D Nicely done

The Mad Hatter

Old School
old school
Reaction score
Nice good looks. Its a shame it can only be done once a year with an account

elite6995

Reaction score
or you can download accounts from some website which im not saying and transfer them to your account with usbxtaf and sign in to the account and download the content from the xbox live marketplace

Reactions: SmokinGood

Leonanigans

Veteran
veteran
senior
Reaction score
Microsoft will probably find a way to fix this.

Better use it while it lasts.

elite6995

Reaction score
no, actually these accounts are mostly modded accounts once Microsoft patches it there is always another set of modded accounts that come out. Trust me i hacked my 360 ;D

hahah well flashed :p

Reactions: SmokinGood

PhatBoyFresh

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
I remembered the days when I got unlimited MS points for free. Too bad everyone was bragging about it and it got fixed. *sigh* people...

elite6995

Reaction score
I remembered the days when I got unlimited MS points for free. Too bad everyone was bragging about it and it got fixed. *sigh* people...

well flashing an xbox wont be fixed by microsoft :p theres always new updates for the flashed firmware. noob :p

vlbryan

Reaction score
I've done this before it takes a while but worth it

resumee

Reaction score
going to try...

Status
Not open for further replies.