How to make a giveaway/raffle site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kytro360

Original poster
Reaction score
Hey I am looking to make some money off CPA. I want to my my own giveaway/raffle site.

I have a few questions:

How would I go about this?
Scripts?
Costs?
Any tips to get it popular?
Where do I get the items Im offering to giveaway?

AIDS

Veteran
veteran
senior
Reaction score
You would need to buy a domain and Curt's raffle script, the script is $20 a month I believe, to get your raffle site popular you would need traffic, and you should get some space for ads.

kytro360

Original poster
Reaction score
Is the script a must? Any alternatives?

Also do I need to buy all the prizes? For example I always see a VCC giveaway site popup everysecond, they must all get it from somewhere

59bluecool

Old School
old school
Reaction score
I Pay $27 a month.
$20 for Curts script.
and $7 for the domain

bullseye

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
I Pay $27 a month.
$20 for Curts script.
and $7 for the domain
$7 for the domain a month? how did you manage that?
also, ya, use a trusted one... if iths just a weeby or something, ppl r not going to use it.

TheSyndicate

veteran
senior
Reaction score
You can buy other scripts that are out there, too. You don't have to use Curt's. If you have traffic that you can pull from somewhere else, you can use Curt's because his is relatively cheap in the short term. If you plan on doing shit advertising (like Youtube and here) then try using a different script and site setup. Everyone here knows what one of Curt's websites looks like. :p If you plan on advertising here, you'll have to have a site that's not only attractive, but worth the time spent. Don't aim for "another Amazon raffle site" because nobody will go to your site. Think outside of the box.

For prizes, you have to buy those. The saying "it takes money to make money" is true. For virtual prizes (like a VCC) you can find a method to getting them free or find a merchant here on TBN who sells them at .25 - .50 a piece. They're easy to obtain, though, and for that reason I don't suggest you go that route. Other virtual prizes (Amazon cards, Microsoft Points, etc.) can be obtained free by doing GPT sites and using sites like Swagbucks. Or, you can just pay for them out of pocket and set your entries to an amount that's, say, 25% more than what the item costs. That way you make your money back and then some.

strk44

Old School
old school
Reaction score
arent these sites saturated by now, there like 5 of them opend but they are not really getting traffic.

G

GeeksterSwag

Honestly, if you want to make a successful GPT/Raffle you need to spend time on the script features and design. Im currently in the middle of making a custom raffle script, its going to be very different from Curt's and will have many unique features.

Theres only 1 option when it comes to Raffle sites:

Over do the whole site!

bullseye

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
ya, there are a lot of raffles out there....
The ones that opened the 1st moth are doing well, otheres dont do too well...
But...
I have made $50 so far this month, after paying out prize money, script, and domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.