How to make friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonnetz

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
Okay so you guys may have seen me on Tinychat... I am short small I look like a kid, but I am in the 9th grade. You could say im shy... so Im wondering how do I make friends? I have only about 2 - 4 friends... I want to make more you know.. Freshman year and theres 4 more years in high school soo.... HOW DO I MAKE FRIENDS!?!??!

I mean when I try to talk to strangers I can only get like few sentences off and then don't know what to say. Like I walk up to some girl and say some stuff like, "Sup.... yeah... ". WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO SAY!?!?

Fang

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
Ask common questions, don't go all "how do u like the weather" on them.

Example

Me: Hey
You: Hi
-opening-
idk, think of something lolz

-questions-
So, did you see [insert movie]

If yes, continue with that. if no, say you should, reasons why, favorite parts, try not to spoil it though lolz.

After that, you either stare, or walk away, or continue talking about something else.

Also, assuming your friends have other friends, hang out with your friend's while they are hanging out with other friends, ???, more friends.

Wonnetz

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
I don't get out much believe it or not ...

I also live in Atlanta Georgia where there are a lot of black people... not saying all black people act this way but... some black people are fucking mean T_T and ignore me when I try to talk to them... so yeah its hard to make friends for me I guess...

Also what if she says no she didn't see the movie wtf am I supposed to say?

SpeedyScooter

Reaction score
Here are some great tips on making friends.

Method #1
Earn money online.
Buy friends.
????
Profit!

jk :blink1:

Method #2
Make friends at the ATM?!?!
[YOUTUBE]tLPZmPaHme0[/YOUTUBE]

Method #3
If you wanna make good quality friends, you need to make sure that they are genuienly interested in what you are. So say you are into "football" walk up to someone and just say, "hey you see that football game last week" and if they say no, ask they if theyy watch football. If they say no, punch them. JK. Just say what other kinds of sports you like, then just let them talk.

**mostly sports works the best on guys** good luck. XD

Reactions: Yela

Lawliet

Senior
senior
Reaction score
1. Be yourself
2. Don't be clingy
3. Don't be too weird...
4. Always be polite at first.
5. Last, don't be mean at all times.

Reactions: 1123rm

strk44

Old School
old school
Reaction score
Join a sport man, you will make friends there made alot of friends when I joined a sport.

Wonnetz

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
Like I say in OP im short skinny and not that physicly fit

strk44

Old School
old school
Reaction score

which is also another great idea to join a sport to get Fit also that is why they have fros, Jv, and varsity

Fang

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
Now that's a problem. Short & Skinny & Not Fit. Especially in atlanta (took a vacation there, it wasn't really that bad, at least it was better than where I live near atm (living in the suburbs, but the city :eek:h:). If your a gamer hang out with gamers, there's always something to talk about when it comes to gaming. Also, just fit lolz, you won't get anywhere being short and skinny for the rest of your life, atleast be short & skinny, and fit.

Wonnetz

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
Im Asian I can't get a fro..

and oh hell yeah im gonna join football and get the shit knocked out of me do you understand how fucking huge they are? There ares are bigger then my fucking head im like fml.. there on fuckings roids man

Now that's a problem. Short & Skinny & Not Fit. Especially in atlanta (took a vacation there, it wasn't really that bad, at least it was better than where I live near atm (living in the suburbs, but the city :eek:h:). If your a gamer hang out with gamers, there's always something to talk about when it comes to gaming.

No one likes to talk about gaming.... its like that one thing you don't talk about at my school

Fang

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
Im Asian I can't get a fro..

and oh hell yeah im gonna join football and get the shit knocked out of me do you understand how fucking huge they are? There ares are bigger then my fucking head im like fml.. there on fuckings roids man

No one likes to talk about gaming.... its like that one thing you don't talk about at my school
Asian, short, skinny, not fit :curt: now i know why this thread is even here.

/End-being an ass

All the more reason for you to get fit, you don't want to go around high school getting punked around lol. How much can you bench?

Konizuzu

Veteran
veteran
senior
Reaction score
just be yourself.
you don't need friends. you just need yourself. :)
if you like to be like you are, it's fine. you don't have to chance your way in life.

your life just started and it's coming very difficult and fun :)
i like to be alone. yes. i have girl friend. and i like to be with him.
but my friends are 600 miles away. i haven't seen them about 6 months :)

it's just, i like to alone and i do what i want. i want to see things what i want.
i want to just play games, watch movies/series. it's like fantasy world. :)

but some people needs friends. but you have time to make those friends in future.
no any rush. i think there is same kind of people here in TheBotNet like you are.

it's like we are Online Friends :) heh

cartera

Veteran
veteran
senior
Reaction score
Okay so you guys may have seen me on Tinychat... I am short small I look like a kid, but I am in the 9th grade. You could say im shy... so Im wondering how do I make friends? I have only about 2 - 4 friends... I want to make more you know.. Freshman year and theres 4 more years in high school soo.... HOW DO I MAKE FRIENDS!?!??!

I mean when I try to talk to strangers I can only get like few sentences off and then don't know what to say. Like I walk up to some girl and say some stuff like, "Sup.... yeah... ". WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO SAY!?!?
just be your self...:ballin:

empty8

Reaction score
join a local band, i hear there are lots of hot chicks there

1123rm

Reaction score
The easiest thing I could say is, hang out with YOUR friends, and find some way to get them to invite THEIR friends. Thats how I met most of the people I talk to now.
It gets easy after a while. And being a freshman, you'll make friends soon.

And imo, Lawliet gave the best advice.

T

Thor

First of all haha xD ~ JK.
second of all you do have many friends on TBN :p x

Wonnetz

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
I tried talking to this girl today, but I was to shy T_T

I don't like to be alone just I want to be with other people but other people don't want to be around me..

Its not that im ugly or anything... I just look like a kid

How am I supposed to overcome my shyness and nervousness?

rpsc

Reaction score

assuming that you have no health conditions. you can definitely get fit if you want to. maybe you can change your lifestyle abit. see what happens.

BitcH

Old School
old school
senior
Reaction score
That's a rough one, usually I would suggest coming up with some random story to just break into to start a conversation but in ATL you're likely to be shot if you do that. Try some nerdy venues maybe? Sorry you live in one of the few cities that is just realllllly unfriendly lol

Wonnetz

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
I have no physical problems but it seems I can't get fit. I weight 74 pounds and It is really hard for me to gain weight. I guess I must have a very high metabolism or something.

I can't break out in some random story to start a conversation..... with a stranger.... they would think im wierd

TumbleDry

Senior
senior
Active Dispute
Reaction score
Hey, i had the same troubles all through primary school and i was bullied for years but things changed in high school im in year ten now.

If you dont realise, friends arn't everything it's sure nice to have somone to talk to and somone to be arround but maybe your self esteem needs work before you get more friends, are you happy with who you are, or do you want to be something else?
I had really bad self esteem untill i started doing kung fu, i dont have a ton of friends right now but i mean fuck everyone, i could smash them anyway stick with your true friends, and if your having fun others will join you.

Wonnetz

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
I feel great with myself

Its just I have trouble talking to people.

I mean I have a few friends its just we don't really talk a lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.