Fang

Veteran
Original poster
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
Yes that's right, I've never been legitimately scammed out of anything.
Though you might know, I've been scammed on HF a couple times, but I never lose a dispute either :curt:.

So how do you avoid getting scammed the in the first place?
Middlemen isn't always the answer unless you know the MM personally/for a bit of time (and him being a moderator/admin helps). Never get a middlemen that you don't know/don't 1000000000% trust. Rep/Thanks mean completely shit, status means shit as well but it does make a person more trust able.

Research

1) Reaching behaviors
If the person that you are dealing with / the middleman rages easily and or gets mad over the smallest things, then don't deal with them unless you are 100% safe in the deal (a.k.a they are going first). Check a couple of their threads, posts, etc.

2) Lite Dox
Dox them a little ;) when you get their email, google it, and check out what kind of activities he's into. A hacker would more than likely scam more than a government worker that teaches kindergarten and has 3 kids, and is part of a legit charity. By lite doxing, you also may find some scam reports about the person if he truly is a scammer, also always google the username as well.

3) How he acts during the trade
Does he say "dude send the money already im legit" - most likely a scammer.

4) If you going to use a MM use a smart one
I highly suggest using only mods/admins as middlemen but if you believe there is a member you can trust like me :coolface: go ahead and use them as the MM. For anything $50 + tho, I would recommend a MOD/ADMIN ONLY.

5) Personal experience
This has nothing to do with not getting scammed, but I just wanted to share.

I used to be a Grade A scammer. No I'm not SDN or bracci or w/e. I never scammed on TBN or anything, but I know and I am an expert in scamming so watch out cause I might just scam0rz you :curt:. In all seriousness though, scamming isn't a act, it's an art. You just don't login to a forum, post a buy thread, and get someone to send you the money :suspicious:. I'll stop here before this thread turns into "How to scam". Also, keep in mind that scamming isn't just ripping the person off, the self-taught methods I use are 100% legal, and you will not get caught, in fact the person you scammed will be begging for more.

Examples

Scammer 1
Me: Hello, I would like to buy a UGC?
Seller: Yes I do, how much money do you want to be in the card?
The moment he said this you should be suspicious, almost no seller can provide any amount in a card, I guarantee you if you wanted a card with $22.10 he will have it :curt:.

Scammer 2
Me: Hello, I would like to buy a UGC
Seller: Okay, I have two $20 UGC's and a $10 left
Me: Okay, I will take them all for $25
Seller: Sounds good, send the payment to [email protected]
Me: Umm... sorry but you will have to go first.
Seller: I have been scammed before so I don't go first anymore
Most who have been scammed before request a middleman for a trade like this, "I have been scammed before" is the poorest excuse in the book of fail scammers.

59bluecool

Old School
old school
Reaction score
Good to know your a Grade A scammer :p
Thank God not on TBN bro :)

xNSX

Reaction score
Yes that's right, I've never been legitimately scammed out of anything.
Though you might know, I've been scammed on HF a couple times, but I never lose a dispute either :curt:.

So how do you avoid getting scammed the in the first place?
Middlemen isn't always the answer unless you know the MM personally/for a bit of time (and him being a moderator/admin helps). Never get a middlemen that you don't know/don't 1000000000% trust. Rep/Thanks mean completely shit, status means shit as well but it does make a person more trust able.

Research

1) Reaching behaviors
If the person that you are dealing with / the middleman rages easily and or gets mad over the smallest things, then don't deal with them unless you are 100% safe in the deal (a.k.a they are going first). Check a couple of their threads, posts, etc.

2) Lite Dox
Dox them a little ;) when you get their email, google it, and check out what kind of activities he's into. A hacker would more than likely scam more than a government worker that teaches kindergarten and has 3 kids, and is part of a legit charity. By lite doxing, you also may find some scam reports about the person if he truly is a scammer, also always google the username as well.

3) How he acts during the trade
Does he say "dude send the money already im legit" - most likely a scammer.

4) Personal experience
This has nothing to do with not getting scammed, but I just wanted to share.

I used to be a Grade A scammer. No I'm not SDN or bracci or w/e. I never scammed on TBN or anything, but I know and I am an expert in scamming so watch out cause I might just scam0rz you :curt:. In all seriousness though, scamming isn't a act, it's an art. You just don't login to a forum, post a buy thread, and get someone to send you the money :suspicious:. I'll stop here before this thread turns into "How to scam".

5)Dont deal to nobodys always make sure there is a plan b if A turns out bad.

Triapod

Reaction score
What would be great: example conversations. Wrong approach that leads to getting bitten and Right approach that avoids a disaster.

moonlight6594

Reaction score
i hate 2 people one is scammers and one is hackers.
dont like them.

Fang

Veteran
Original poster
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
Updated.
/10char

Lightness

Banned
Reaction score
Or never buy/sell/trade anything.
There. Never gonna get scammed.

Reactions: renegade809

alexander153

Reaction score
i hate 2 people one is scammers and one is hackers.
dont like them.
the people that are the worst are those ppl that are hacker that hack to your email and then spams your friends with gooffer and stuff to get money.

BitcH

Old School
old school
senior
Reaction score
TBH I could've scammed about $200 if not more total on TBN :curt:.

You should make a Check it Out thread every time you don't scam someone so we can see how awesome you are.

Reactions: PhriXion

Fang

Veteran
Original poster
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
the people that are the worst are those ppl that are hacker that hack to your email and then spams your friends with gooffer and stuff to get money.
Right, someone I know had their facebook pw bf'd and it was spamming friends with affiliate links. In the end, I had to create a uncrackable password for them, well all passwords are crackable, but it would take an average of 20 years to crack.

You should make a Check it Out thread every time you don't scam someone so we can see how awesome you are.
I would but then I'd probably get flamed :curt:.

Fang

Veteran
Original poster
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
Lol. Most of this is common sense, but thanks!
I believe so as well but with all the people getting scammed (not a lot, just some people in the past couple of months) thought I'd make a quick tut about staying a bit safer in transactions.

thanks................

Thanks for the spam bro ;)

joomador

Registered
Reaction score
If you get scammed it says a lot about yourself LOL!

Colors

<h1 style="-moz-transform: skew(25deg); -webkit-tr
old school
senior
Reaction score
Just use a trusted TBN middleman and youll be fine in 99%

Reactions: renegade809

xxnicktxx

Reaction score
Easymode guide:

1. Don't trade with un-trusted people
2. DONE.