[IMPORANT] T$ After the Update - Please Read!

Do you want to start fresh, with 0 T$?

• Yes

Votes: 67 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 41 38.0%

• Total voters

lamlam

The Banker
Original poster
Reaction score
Hi all,

As you may have noticed, right now, since switching to the new version of TBN, all of you have 0 T$. Don't worry, your T$ is safe for now. The data still exists.

Right now, I'm working to fix the addon for the new version, so we can recover all your old T$ if we want. Which brings me to my next point...

The biggest problems with T$ were:
  1. It didn't have much value
  2. It didn't have much utility
I want to address these two problems individually. Here is my proposal:

Value
To bring value back to T$, I propose that we do the following:
  1. Allow people to purchase T$ directly with BTC/ETH at a fixed rate.
  2. Allow people to instantly cash out their T$ for BTC/ETH at the same rate.
  3. Disabling T$ on Likes/Posts/New Threads
In other words, T$ can only be obtained by buying, selling, or trading it. You would never get it for free.

Utility
Along with that, I intend to bring utility to T$ by having it be the backbone of interactions on TBN. That includes:
  1. Requiring T$ to purchase sub
  2. Adding new items available to purchase such as: Username Change, Sticky Thread, Automatic Thread Bump
  3. Lottery every week for all members
  4. Fully-featured gambling and peer-to-peer betting
  5. Allowing users to sell digital goods automatically using T$ (Like https://selly.gg)
  6. Enabling trading in the marketplace of T$ between users, which would cut down on scamming
  7. Paying staff in T$

In order to do this, we need to start fresh, with 0 T$.

So, my question to you is: Do you want to do this?

Please vote in the poll above.

Last edited:

lamlam

The Banker
Original poster
Reaction score
sounds good but how will people who previously own T$ be compensated? wouldnt say its fair for people who had thousands now to be reset to 0 when it still did have some value previously.
Don't know yet, what do you think we should do?

Reactions: AKIRADEATH

4hsc

Senior
senior
Reaction score
Awesome dude, I'm so excited with all these changes! :frog:

I want to daytrade T$:snicker:

hlipce

Senior
senior
Reaction score
You're doing a great job! :thumbs:

Maybe create a new badge for people that had a lot of t$ or give 20% from the previously owned amount to everyone.

ramzan00

Reaction score
It sounds good. In fact it's awesome. With this people can finally transfer without any fear of getting scammed. And T$ will also have a good value in all uses :)

phoenixhaxor

old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
i'm in. let's do this :>

CoderChris

「 S K E T C H Y 」
veteran
old school
senior
Life Saver
coldschool
Reaction score
Hi all,

As you may have noticed, right now, since switching to the new version of TBN, all of you have 0 T$. Don't worry, your T$ is safe for now. The data still exists.

Right now, I'm working to fix the addon for the new version, so we can recover all your old T$ if we want. Which brings me to my next point...

The biggest problems with T$ were:
  1. It didn't have much value
  2. It didn't have much utility
I want to address these two problems individually. Here is my proposal:

Value
To bring value back to T$, I propose that we do the following:
  1. Allow people to purchase T$ directly with BTC/ETH at a fixed rate.
  2. Allow people to instantly cash out their T$ for BTC/ETH at the same rate.
  3. Disabling T$ on Likes/Posts/New Threads
In other words, T$ can only be obtained by buying, selling, or trading it. You would never get it for free.

Utility
Along with that, I intend to bring utility to T$ by having it be the backbone of interactions on TBN. That includes:
  1. Requiring T$ to purchase sub
  2. Adding new items available to purchase such as: Username Change, Sticky Thread, Automatic Thread Bump
  3. Lottery every week for all members
  4. Fully-featured gambling and peer-to-peer betting
  5. Allowing users to sell digital goods automatically using T$ (Like https://selly.gg)
  6. Enabling trading in the marketplace of T$ between users, which would cut down on scamming
  7. Paying staff in T$

In order to do this, we need to start fresh, with 0 T$.

So, my question to you is: Do you want to do this?

Please vote in the poll above.
Sounds pretty ambitious. T$ are required to post new marketplace threads btw and we get T$ by being sub although I don't know if that's been disabled recently.

EDIT: +1 I like the idea.

Tharun29

Reaction score
@lamlam this sounds good. I would suggest a fresh start coz some of the community had like tons of it. Even giving back 20% of what they had previously would give them a massive advantage.

We can have some threads that can only be unlocked with specific amount of t$ etc.

In order to compensate the members who are losing t$ it would be great to give those who will be losing a significant amount a sub or a tag.

I'm pretty sure if the market place runs on t$ scams can be reduced.

But we must take measures so that t$ isn't created out of thin air.

phoenixhaxor

old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
and maybe add something like the t$ that were acquired from other members can't be redeemed 'till 15 days or 30 days after. to reduce skam.rar

Reactions: Tharun29

lamlam

The Banker
Original poster
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if the market place runs on t$ scams can be reduced.
and maybe add something like the t$ that were acquired from other members can't be redeemed 'till 15 days or 30 days after. to reduce skam.rar
Yep, we can reduce a lot of marketplace scamming if we all use T$.

But we must take measures so that t$ isn't created out of thin air.

Yep, this is really important. People used to be able to accumulate T$ relatively easily, which means it's a problem if we want to keep value. Scarcity is important, but that alone can't provide value to a new currency. Therefore, TBN must back it with funds of its own.

We'll work out the exact value over time.

Reactions: phoenixhaxor

Aian

Reaction score
Love the idea +1. This should make so many things better at TBN :thumbs:
Ah... I can see it now, pretty soon TBN will run an ICO and we'll all see T$ on bitcoin exchanges... :gold: lmao

T$ was mostly a status display before. For members complaining about losing all their T$ instead of a whole new badge just put a star or something next to their T$ to show they had a lot before (tho I think showing off previous T$ is kinda pointless now.).

Since T$ will now be backed only by real funds and not free actions, the T$ abuse issue should be solved after this gets implemented.

Mirae

Weeaboo
smod
senior
Reaction score
Add Avatar+ buying with T$ back too

Mashup

#Respectedclub
Reaction score
How about giving the t$ back and Let it be the same. :)

Chillivanilli

Bot Creator
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
How about giving the t$ back and Let it be the same. :)

You cannot create value out of thin air. If you would do that TBN would suffer as people can just instantly redeem their T$ for BTC or whatever which TBN needs to pay out of it's own money.

Mashup

#Respectedclub
Reaction score
You cannot create value out of thin air. If you would do that TBN would suffer as people can just instantly redeem their T$ for BTC or whatever which TBN needs to pay out of it's own money.
That's true but what about the people's loss? Some people devoted their time in gambling them and some buying them. What about those? Also If TBN is taking all T$ then they should compensate for it. T$ earning is a part of paid subscription. So i guess vanishing all t$ wouldn't be fine for few people. Well At last, who i am to decide what's going to happen. But that's what my suggestion is. :)

Reactions: Chitoge

janjenka

Why am I POOR
senior
Reaction score
It would be unfair if the t$ i have will be gone. ( I gambled my way to get this)
It would be a great Idea If we can purchase sub via t$ once you have the fix value of $0.02

Bringing back the avatar+ and the option to buy/sell goods/services via t$. Ryu did this some time ago now and it was lost (t$ shop)

hoping for your kind understanding and for the greatness of tbn.
#lamlamcoin2014