Status
Not open for further replies.

JTLL3

Original poster
Reaction score
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Announced

counter-strike-global-offensive-525x300.jpg

Valve has just announced that a new entry in the Counter-Strike Series will be coming out soon. Titled Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the expected release date is in “early 2012″ for Steam (PC and Mac), Playstation Network, and Xbox Live Arcade. Global Offensive will feature “all new maps, characters, and weapons†as well as updated content such as “de_dust†and other fan favorites. Global Offensive will also add new gameplay modes, matchmaking systems, leaderboards, and more unannounced features.

CS: GO is being developed by both Valve and Hidden Path Entertainment, who also worked with Valve on more recent updates for Counter-Strike: Source. CS: GO will be playable at PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo.

Rumors of the games development initially started circulating earlier this morning, and its possible that Valve announced the game prematurely to stem the flow of rumors. You can visit the games Steam Store page here, though it is very light on details at the moment

The Counter-Strike series has not seen a new entry since the 2004 release of Counter-Strike: Source, which despite being 7 years old, is still one of the most played PC games online. CS:GO is another title being added to the ever growing list of Valve’s actively developed series. The studio, who is known for their slow development cycles, is now actively working on the Portal, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, and Counter-Strike series’, as well as their upcoming DOTA game.

Konizuzu

Veteran
veteran
senior
Reaction score
jippii. :) i can't wait for this release. :)
i think i am going to die so many times, that i don't think i am cat :D

Cal

Reaction score
Can't wait (: from what i've heard though it's meant to be much easier and more console focused than 1.6/CSS :(

Venorm

Registered
Reaction score
Looking forward to see a new CS from Valve. Sounds good. Yay.

pizzaz007

Old School
old school
senior
Reaction score
I loved playing CS: S on steam (hell, I still do!), so I can't wait for this to come out and save me from Source! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tayen

Registered
Reaction score
wonder how it will look like
Css is stripped down to the basics when compared to Call of duty or Battlefield games and like everybody is going to buy either Cod or Battlefield. I cant imagine how it will be.

gino

Reaction score
I hope they don't screw it up like they did with condition zero and css

Suwaro626

Reaction score
wonder how it will look like
Css is stripped down to the basics when compared to Call of duty or Battlefield games and like everybody is going to buy either Cod or Battlefield. I cant imagine how it will be.

CS shouldn't be compared to COD or Battlefield. CS is far superior

Mmo01

Senior
senior
Reaction score
Looking forward to see a new CS from Valve. I like this game so much.

PUREGOLD

Reaction score
you can never go wrong with cs.. it such an epic game ever created. :) thanks for the info man!

silvercola

Registered
Reaction score
I love counter strike!! I can't wait to buy the new css.... I was hoping to actually buy a PAX ticket but it is already sold out.. I just hope this new css is going to be like cod

T

tonyt51o

i love counter strike. best game ever. i used to play it on the original xbox

Butthairs

Reaction score
Seeing as this is Valve and they did cross platform compatibility with Portal 2 for PC/Ps3 does anyone think that they will do something similar? Would be cool but since this is a competitive player as opposed to casual (portal) might not work out too well.

TheVisas

Reaction score
CS is one of the best FPS in history ;) I will play new title.

Alcatraz

Reaction score
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Announced

counter-strike-global-offensive-525x300.jpg

Valve has just announced that a new entry in the Counter-Strike Series will be coming out soon. Titled Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the expected release date is in “early 2012″ for Steam (PC and Mac), Playstation Network, and Xbox Live Arcade. Global Offensive will feature “all new maps, characters, and weapons†as well as updated content such as “de_dust†and other fan favorites. Global Offensive will also add new gameplay modes, matchmaking systems, leaderboards, and more unannounced features.

CS: GO is being developed by both Valve and Hidden Path Entertainment, who also worked with Valve on more recent updates for Counter-Strike: Source. CS: GO will be playable at PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo.

Rumors of the games development initially started circulating earlier this morning, and its possible that Valve announced the game prematurely to stem the flow of rumors. You can visit the games Steam Store page here, though it is very light on details at the moment

The Counter-Strike series has not seen a new entry since the 2004 release of Counter-Strike: Source, which despite being 7 years old, is still one of the most played PC games online. CS:GO is another title being added to the ever growing list of Valve’s actively developed series. The studio, who is known for their slow development cycles, is now actively working on the Portal, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, and Counter-Strike series’, as well as their upcoming DOTA game.
fuck yeah i didnt know big thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.