New requirements to be a middleman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yela

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
I was talking about this in the shoutbox with other subs, and we all agreed ( some of us agreed :curt: ) that this should be the application and requirements if you wanted to be/apply for middleman

You must submit your real address, then verify that it's yours, I don't know how that would be done, but the staff can figure that out.

You must submit your phone number.
One of the staff members must call your phone to verify that it is in fact your phone.

You must give your ISP host name, any contact numbers.

That's all I can think of, but please note that all this info would be used if you just felt like you wanted to be a dick, and be the middle man who can't be trusted. That way there will be ways of contacting you so you will not get away from it. If anyone else wants me to add stuff to the list, post it below and I'll edit it in!
wut

Reactions: Fang

Fang

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
The address verification can be done using a landphone. I don't know the process but paypal does it. ISP one is a good idea.

yuwanttoknow

Veteran
veteran
senior
Reaction score
im not sure but maybe a video skype chat or something and make a live video of them showing there address im not sure just thinking of random stuff

Blue

Is Stylin' On You
senior
Reaction score
Also, the address thing is completely private, so I suggest only the admins know about it. They'll verify it themselves, I don't need any 12 year old sending me spam mail.

Yela

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
Also, the address thing is completely private, so I suggest only the admins know about it. They'll verify it themselves, I don't need any 12 year old sending me spam mail.

yeah, only the staff will know, so no problem.

choboplayer

Alcoholic
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
Or we can just have the current middle men and use them :)

Reactions: xhane

Fang

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
Rasp said someone can start a middleman firm, I suggest someone do that and find their own ways of verification if not based on trust.

Fang

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
How are the current middlemen not trustworthy? all of them are mods/admins so no need to worry about them for now.
The current middlemen are trustworthy, but mods aren't always on. Having a middleman group outside of mods would be helpful in stopping scams plus it will scare away scammers.

Reactions: strk44

ElCapitan

El Capitan
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
I really don't think this is necessary. I recall one mod saying the current middleman aren't used much. So, it's not like they'll never have time. They're also trustworthy. What would be the point of having middlemen if the middlemen right now are able to handle their jobs without overload?

Fang

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
I really don't think this is necessary. I recall one mod saying the current middleman aren't used much. So, it's not like they'll never have time. They're also trustworthy. What would be the point of having middlemen if the middlemen right now are able to handle their jobs without overload?
Middleman aren't used because mods aren't always on.

Yela

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score

The current middlemen are either inactive or are dealing with their personal lives.

ElCapitan

El Capitan
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
Middleman aren't used because mods aren't always on.

No, it's because they don't get asked. People get scammed because they don't use middleman when we have them. It's not that they're never on, it's because no one ever thinks of asking to use one. I wouldn't trust anyone on here to be a middleman, but a mod or admin.

PixelPirate

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
Want me to give you my social security number too?

I already don't like putting my name on the netz, so why the fuck would I give you my address?

I think a phone call would be fine, just a small interview or something..but address and ISP is completely unneeded.

Fang

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
No, it's because they don't get asked. People get scammed because they don't use middleman when we have them. It's not that they're never on, it's because no one ever thinks of asking to use one. I wouldn't trust anyone on here to be a middleman, but a mod or admin.
Being a mod doesn't make you trustworthy, anyone can scam. Moderators aren't always on, and it would take 10x longer to complete a transaction if one wasn't on. Reasons: People may have to go somewhere, people might not be on, so It'd take
A: Buyer to send
B: Seller to send
C: MM to send

ElCapitan

El Capitan
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
Being a mod doesn't make you trustworthy, anyone can scam. Moderators aren't always on, and it would take 10x longer to complete a transaction if one wasn't on. Reasons: People may have to go somewhere, people might not be on, so It'd take
A: Buyer to send
B: Seller to send
C: MM to send

True, but do you really think any of our current mods aren't trustworthy? Soviet, Safety, Rasputin, TJ and the rest of the mods really have proven themselves trustworthy around here don't you think? I usually don't care if it takes longer even if it's something worth $20+. It's your money. If your in a rush to lose it fast then be my guest. Also, I know mods aren't on all the time(especially during the middle of the night) but they're on everyday and ready to help the forum.

Yela

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
Want me to give you my social security number too?

I already don't like putting my name on the netz, so why the fuck would I give you my address?

I think a phone call would be fine, just a small interview or something..but address and ISP is completely unneeded.

Noob: Herp derp i n3d [email protected] to holdd my 2 million dollar payment to a trusted user

*RING*

Middleman: (staff= mod/admin) I'll do it :coolface:

Noob: ok wut is yor paypail.

Middleman : [email protected]

Noob: i sent cheers

Middleman: dumbass.. u just sent me 2million dollars!! IM RICH BITCH. WOOO

Middleman: fuck this forums, im going to buy me an island so i can go fuck some bitches on.

Fang

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
True, but do you really think any of our current mods aren't trustworthy? Soviet, Safety, Rasputin, TJ and the rest of the mods really have proven themselves trustworthy around here don't you think? I usually don't care if it takes longer even if it's something worth $20+. It's your money. If your in a rush to lose it fast then be my guest. Also, I know mods aren't on all the time(especially during the middle of the night) but they're on everyday and ready to help the forum.
No one can be trustworthy, I would definitely trust Rasp, and TJ but no one else. The middleman firm is one is actually being created would and should require verification of all members so if one scams, it will be easy to fuck them up.

Reactions: Yela

ElCapitan

El Capitan
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
No one can be trustworthy, I would definitely trust Rasp, and TJ but no one else. The middleman firm is one is actually being created would and should require verification of all members so if one scams, it will be easy to fuck them up.

I can understand where your coming from, but I still don't think this is necessary. If it's about not having to wait, then that's just plain silly. I'm still sticking with the mods/admins here even if I have to wait 3 days for the transaction to follow through.

EarthBound

Old School
old school
senior
Reaction score
TL;DR

Make the staff handpick them if you guys want a member based middleman group...

Fang

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
I can understand where your coming from, but I still don't think this is necessary. If it's about not having to wait, then that's just plain silly. I'm still sticking with the mods/admins here even if I have to wait 3 days for the transaction to follow through.
Yeah, I understand your point of view as well. Though I do recommend still using admins/mods for bigger transactions, the small ones (like $5-$10) where someone that finds money on the internet hard to come by wants to spend it on something they want fast, it would be better to have a mm there for them

ElCapitan

El Capitan
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
Yeah, I understand your point of view as well. Though I do recommend still using admins/mods for bigger transactions, the small ones (like $5-$10) where someone that finds money on the internet hard to come by wants to spend it on something they want fast, it would be better to have a mm there for them

But will anyone really use them. I can only imagine the users who have been here a while use a middleman while new members wouldn't ask. I think we should just make the awareness that the middleman is available.

Fang

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
But will anyone really use them. I can only imagine the users who have been here a while use a middleman while new members wouldn't ask. I think we should just make the awareness that the middleman is available.
True true, especially with the new post requirement to see/use marketplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.