Please help me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakeMoney123

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
I did a lot of gpt offers back then and I was stupid enough to use my real info. I used all of my correct information except I used a fake DOB. I am a teenager but I put an older age than I was. So obviously my information got sold by third party companies and I started receiving spam mail. I started to get worried when I started receiving mail that was restricted to age 21+ people, because all these companies think I am older than I actually am. Also, I searched myself on whitepages sites like zabasearch and whitepages.com and my information appears there and it displays my fake age. Can I do anything about my situation? :( I am really worried and I would appreciate the help a lot.

Note: I never gave out any SSN or Credit card stuff if it helps.

Wonnetz

Senior
senior
Reaction score
Well your screwed man once its on the internet its going to be really hard to take down. I guess you could like call the company and ask them to take it down or something.

strk44

Old School
old school
Reaction score
there should be something were you can unsubscrbe from newsletters that you are receiveing if not change your address or something.

MakeMoney123

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
I know I can ask them to take me off their list, but what I am really concerned about is that I used a fake age and now all these companies think I am older than I actually am. Could this affect me in any way or should I just stop worrying about it?

Wonnetz

Senior
senior
Reaction score
Did you use your real address and phone number?

G

GeeksterSwag

Well, did you put in a SSN, also using real info could really mess up your life. I mean, now you can get a bunch of mail to your house.

MakeMoney123

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
Well, did you put in a SSN, also using real info could really mess up your life. I mean, now you can get a bunch of mail to your house.

I never gave out SSN and I used real info except my DOB. Also, I get a piece of spam mail like once every 2 weeks, surprisingly.

alsoyoutube

Reaction score
i understand you especially when they used to call my house my dad would be like "who is this" and they spammed me with all this colledge bs at my mailbox

Marco Designs

Senior
senior
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I never gave out SSN and I used real info except my DOB. Also, I get a piece of spam mail like once every 2 weeks, surprisingly.

Well you can't do nothing because everybody's information is somewhere online they why its is possible for online company's to do background checks on people.

MakeMoney123

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
Thank you everybody for your advice, but I still need help with my age situation.

Lawliet

Senior
senior
Reaction score
lol I use my legit info and nothing has happened to me and I have completed around 500 offers total so far. The worst I got so far is spam e-mails.

MakeMoney123

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
lol I use my legit info and nothing has happened to me and I have completed around 500 offers total so far. The worst I got so far is spam e-mails.

My problem is that I used a fake age which kinda screws my situation up. I would be fine with the spam and everything if I used a legit DOB.

1123rm

Reaction score
Why are you worried? Nothing is gonna happen to you :p
Just chill out! You're not the first one :)

MakeMoney123

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
Why are you worried? Nothing is gonna happen to you :p
Just chill out! You're not the first one :)

Is there anything I can do about my fake age info?

Fang

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
Call the company and tell them to change your age? Best I can think of. If they sell your info, then it will keep getting resold, and you can't do anything about that. Also, I don't really understand why your worried about that.

Ace12

Senior
senior
Reaction score
lol call them and usubscribe and shit be like some one used my info.. :D and they have no proof of proving that you signed up and stuff, so they have no other choice, but to take you off the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.