Questions about proxies and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamuz

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
example : live in Europe, get a USE proxy, log onto a USE server, would the game run quicker ( will i have a lower ping ) than if i was just in europe and going on use

not good at explaining stuff, sozzy, like would the game run quicker if its server based. idk how to ask this question

A

Almighty

example : live in Europe, get a USE proxy, log onto a USE server, would the game run quicker ( will i have a lower ping ) than if i was just in europe and going on use

not good at explaining stuff, sozzy, like would the game run quicker if its server based. idk how to ask this question

No, the server is still located in the US and your computer is still in europe. Proxy is just hiding your IP

BitcH

Old School
old school
senior
Reaction score
Your ping will show up lower and depending on your connection to the proxy server you might end up with a better overall connection. The best I've been able to pull of using this method has been 20 ms off my ping, but that's US to US.

Make sure you're using something optimized for gaming, a normal proxy server will slow you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.