Receving an Echeck Payment on Paypal.Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danmota

Original poster
Im kind of confused, i received a payment on ebay with an echeck,so it says eChecks work like paper checks and take your bank several business days to process.so does the money get sent to my paypal or a bank account?.
is there anyway to make it clear faster?.what do you recommend i do thanks

Lolita

Veteran
veteran
senior
Trade With Caution!
Reaction score
You'll get the money to your PayPal balance.

When I make an eCheck payment, when will the money be debited from my bank account?

PayPal will send the request to your bank immediately. It will take up to 4 business days for the electronic funds transfer to be completed and for the funds to become available to the recipient of your payment.

If your bank initially declines the electronic funds transfer, the payment may be delayed for up to an additional 7 business days. In this case, the Expected Clearing Date listed in the recipient's transaction history will be updated to reflect the new date.

Why does it take so long for my recipient's account balance to reflect my eCheck payment?

Because we must wait for the electronic funds transfer to clear your bank account, PayPal cannot credit your recipient's account balance immediately.

D

Danmota

Original poster
so they send the payment to my bank account, then the bank account sends to paypal?
fml.

Lolita

Veteran
veteran
senior
Trade With Caution!
Reaction score
so they send the payment to my bank account, then the bank account sends to paypal?
fml.

No. :)
They take money from Buyer's BA and transfer it directly to your PayPal balance. :)

D

Danmota

Original poster
OOOOOOOOOO.that was close.thanks a lot enzo.lol.

also, enzo, if the funds in your account are on hold, can u still withdraw to ba

Lolita

Veteran
veteran
senior
Trade With Caution!
Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOO.that was close.thanks a lot enzo.lol.

Lol, you're welcome. Although, to be honest, I don't see the point with eChecks. The Buyer could've just send you money instantly via PP. The only thing that comes to my mind is that the Buyer wanted the product, but he didn't have any funds on his BA at that moment.
Anyway, let us know when you get $$$! ;)

Also,

When some sellers receive payments, we may hold the money in a pending balance for up to 21 days to help make sure that there are funds in the seller's account to cover potential refunds or claims. The funds may be released early if PayPal determines that the transaction has been fulfilled and customers are satisfied.
While funds are pending, the money belongs to you but isn't available to spend or withdraw.

brandon1

Old School
old school
Reaction score
No you have to wait till payment is released to do anything with it.

D

Danmota

Original poster
ahhhhhh.shud i send him a message and tell him to just send me the money via PP..or should i just wait.
cuz its 250+$ and i dont wanna fux it up lol

hondarydr

Reaction score
Website
www.thecardking.com
Lol, you're welcome. Although, to be honest, I don't see the point with eChecks. The Buyer could've just send you money instantly via PP. The only thing that comes to my mind is that the Buyer wanted the product, but he didn't have any funds on his BA at that moment.
Anyway, let us know when you get $$$! ;)

Or it could be like what happened to me. When I first setup my bank account with PayPal it would only take eChecks until I added a debit card, I don't know what was up with that but that's what happened haha.

Lolita

Veteran
veteran
senior
Trade With Caution!
Reaction score
Or it could be like what happened to me. When I first setup my bank account with PayPal it would only take eChecks until I added a debit card, I don't know what was up with that but that's what happened haha.

Really? LOL. It's probably that then.
It doesn't make ANY sense, but hey that's... PayPal. :p

Reactions: hondarydr
D

Danmota

Original poster
another question...an old ebay account i got had gotten suspended because i didnt pay the monthly balance one month which was like 9$, then they put a hold on my paypal account, but i never had problem shipping or giving item..did they put my funds on hold because of the ebay fee i didnt pay?

Lolita

Veteran
veteran
senior
Trade With Caution!
Reaction score
ahhhhhh.shud i send him a message and tell him to just send me the money via PP..or should i just wait.
cuz its 250+$ and i dont wanna fux it up lol

I´d wait. He obviously can't send it instantly if he has no CCs linked to his account. (God Bless PayPal :D) ;)

D

Danmota

Original poster
alrite so look, this is what i was goin to do..once the echeck goes thru and the money gets on my paypal my plan is to send that money to my other paypal...the thing is theirs a 21 day hold on that(no clue why)but i tried withdrawin 2$ to my bank account after the funds were on hold and it worked(lol), but i dont wanna send the 300$ bucks to the paypal and the funds not be able to withdraw.lol.dammmmmmmm.thanks for the help btw ha

hondarydr

Reaction score
Website
www.thecardking.com
alrite so look, this is what i was goin to do..once the echeck goes thru and the money gets on my paypal my plan is to send that money to my other paypal...the thing is theirs a 21 day hold on that(no clue why)but i tried withdrawin 2$ to my bank account after the funds were on hold and it worked(lol), but i dont wanna send the 300$ bucks to the paypal and the funds not be able to withdraw.lol.dammmmmmmm.thanks for the help btw ha

LMAO PayPal must hate you with all the holds lol. Can you just withdraw the money to your bank or is your bank account connected to your other paypal?

D

Danmota

Original poster
LMAO PayPal must hate you with all the holds lol. Can you just withdraw the money to your bank or is your bank account connected to your other paypal?
nah its just one hold on one old account, but thas the paypal i withdraw from...they put it on hold cuz ebay got mad i wouldnt pay their monthly fee, lol.i dont wanna send the funds over to that account and then they get held.

:)

dam the guy that ordered from me is stationed out in Afghanistan, hes a soldier, and he wants me to ship over there.wth?.I feel honored but how do i do that.wowww.surreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.