Replace "Thanks" with a "like" button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamboPB

Original poster
Reaction score
So on this other forum I'm a member of, they have a feature that allows you to like a post. "Likes" aren't counted, but you can still see who liked the post, so I think this is a great way to solve the thank-whoring problem.

If they did something really great, you can still give them credit by repping them, the same way we do here.

asdffdas.jpg

JamboPB

Original poster
Reaction score
Or you could just take away the Thank count...

Who cares if it copies Facebook? It makes more sense IMO.

Kiba

Senior
senior
Reaction score
I see where you're coming from but there's one thing wrong with your statement. Don't "replace" the thanks button with a like button. That's just stupid. Add another button next to the thanks button that says like. Not like the one in that pic because like above, THIS AINT FACEBOOK.

The best way to solve the thank whore prob is to

1. Keep the Thanks button
2. Add a "like" button that doesn't count for anything

That way if you "like" a post, u can click it and it'll just show others u liked it, but if you really think someone contributed, u can click the thanks button and add to there thank count.

Joseph

Senior
senior
Reaction score
I don't see the difference between a like and thanks button. Honestly if you thank a post obviously you like it. So a like button would be pointless.

Reactions: AKIRADEATH

Drake

ლ(ٱ٥ٱლ)
Reaction score
I see where you're coming from but there's one thing wrong with your statement. Don't "replace" the thanks button with a like button. That's just stupid. Add another button next to the thanks button that says like. Not like the one in that pic because like above, THIS AINT FACEBOOK.

The best way to solve the thank whore prob is to

1. Keep the Thanks button
2. Add a "like" button that doesn't count for anything

That way if you "like" a post, u can click it and it'll just show others u liked it, but if you really think someone contributed, u can click the thanks button and add to there thank count.
Not towards u completely but quit saying this isn't facebook, obviously its not. But everyone is just saying that because some1 else said it. If the fucking button said "Appreciate" YOU GUYS WOULD STILL BE BITCHING, idc for the idea of the like button but really just say no u don't like the idea... not "THIS IS NOT FACEBOOK" -_-. FACEBOOK DOES NOT OWN THE WORD LIKE, AND YOU CAN USE ANOTHER WORD!...

/norageorflameinvolved:amuse:

Reactions: kpjcelj

yoilovecash

Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
I'd say add a "like" button instead of replace it but oh well I don't really care lol :p

yuwanttoknow

Veteran
veteran
senior
Reaction score
I'd say add a "like" button instead of replace it but oh well I don't really care lol :p

imo i'd think that would be terrible idea since its already hard to get +rep because people just thank so if u add a like ppl might only like and not thank any more thus making it harder to get a thank and +rep. but anyways thats just imo

Chris

Old School
old school
senior
Reaction score
imo i'd think that would be terrible idea since its already hard to get +rep because people just thank so if u add a like ppl might only like and not thank any more thus making it harder to get a thank and +rep. but anyways thats just imo
You're just saying that because you have no rep. ;D
Just kidding, don't take that seriously but yeah, a like button would just make us like facebook and then everyone would be trolling to get likes. amirite?

Konizuzu

Veteran
veteran
senior
Reaction score
facebook sucks. i don't want to see everything facebook :D heh
i see everyday some Facebook things every site.
i am very :x of those

Poorfag

bring back goldschool | we want plates
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
TBN is not Facebook or any other forum for that matter. I don't get the difference of a "Like" button, the e-satisfaction that someone likes something you wrote??. IMHO
Thanks > Like.
Besides, I really do not see a benefit to TBN when there is a like button. It'll probably lead to posts with "I iz on drugz" <-- 8 likes.
/inb4foreveralonearguements

Reactions: BitcH

BitcH

Old School
old school
senior
Reaction score
Thanks > Like.
Besides, I really do not see a benefit to TBN when there is a like button. It'll probably lead to posts with "I iz on drugz" <-- 8 likes.

This.

However if we did get a Like button, I would want a Dislike button to go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.