Ten thousand days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemo

Senior
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
I've been a fan of Tool's 10,000 Days album ever since I've had it - coming upon years now. I've always said it was as close to a religious experience as I've ever had, just listening to it without interruption.

My pillar of faith has been shaken.

After finding some interesting instructions on how to assemble a "hidden track", I listened to the completed audio file and my core has been rocked.

It was more powerful than an iDoser could ever pretend to be, almost transcendent. The effect it had upon me as I listened to it is impossible to describe.

And the resulting track isn't accidental - the lyrics intermingle and all three songs become one, perfectly. What seems to be musical chaos is amazingly in perfect harmony. The lyrics, at points, sing back and forth to each other, as if answering the questions in one song and asking questions of the other.

It's simply impossible to describe. If anyone remembers the iDoser craze and the Gates of Hades track, I challenge you to listen to this.

To make the track, you have to put Viginti Tres at the end of Wings For Marie part 1, and then play the resulting track simultaneously with the 10,000 days track (Wings for Marie part 2). You can find it on youtube as well, if you're lazy. Just look for "10000 days part 3".

I can hear the mingled lyrics in my head, even still, and the hairs on the back of my neck and arms are still standing.

zuul

Reaction score
... I'll try it.

the-fuck-is-this.jpg

Reactions: daventodd123
Status
Not open for further replies.