To all you SE'ers, loophole finders, and so on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Is Stylin' On You
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
Verizon has screwed me over.

Here's the story:
I signed up with them with my smart phone about a year ago (so I'm not eligible for an upgrade yet without getting charged.) The phone I got was a Droid Incredible, and boy is it great. Then I dropped it. Good thing I had insurance on it. They sent me a refurbished. Which kinda pissed me off. Then, that refurb broke due to hw failures. They sent me a new refurb, that refurb broke due to hw failure again. Now I'm on my third phone, refurbed of course, and it doesn't seem like it's going to last. I wanna somehow get the same phone brand new, or get a phone of close to the same value that's brand new as well.

tl;dr: Verizon sends me 2 broken refurbed phones for me to use, I want to find a way to acquire the same phone again brand new.

Anything contributive helps, thanks.

Reactions: BSOD

vlbryan

Reaction score
Yea verizon is like that i changed to at&t

choboplayer

Alcoholic
veteran
old school
senior
Reaction score
Buy a phone from craiglist for cheap and then just use that one instead of dealing with verizon.

59bluecool

Old School
old school
Reaction score
Yea verizon is like that i changed to at&t

If you live in the East Coast -NY AREA Verizon has a better signal than AT&T
but in West Coast AT&T has better signal than VZW

Blue

Is Stylin' On You
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
Buy a phone from craiglist for cheap and then just use that one instead of dealing with verizon.

I was looking to get one for free due to their bad service they're having with me. :eek:

evmftw

Registered
Reaction score
Once your newest refurbished phone breaks, try going to a verizon store.
They should give you a new phone (minus the battery). Just speaking from
personal experience, but that's what they did with me.

nattan

Old School
old school
coldschool
Reaction score
just file a bbb complaint and deal with a local office, say your phone was insured and they are providing you with a poorly refurbished product and are wasting your time. they will change their tune right away.

http://www.bbb.org/

Reactions: Blue

ttpm15

Senior
senior
Reaction score
threat them that you will switch to sprint or other network.

Curt

Founder of TBN
veteran
old school
senior
Life Saver
Reaction score
Website
itscurt.com
just file a bbb complaint and deal with a local office, say your phone was insured and they are providing you with a poorly refurbished product and are wasting your time. they will change their tune right away.

http://www.bbb.org/
Yeah this is good advice, companies always respond when you file a BBB complaint as they want to resolve it the best they could.

Reactions: Blue

keemo

Reaction score
If you live in the East Coast -NY AREA Verizon has a better signal than AT&T
but in West Coast AT&T has better signal than VZW

Not how it is over here. I think you're mistaken. At&t has somewhat bad service. Plus verrrizon has LTE.

Bubba925

Old School
old school
Reaction score
Website
www.bubbadrk.blogspot.com
You can get a new phone, but you shouldn't expect to get one without a little hassle. No where in their insurance plan doe sit say you will get a brand new phone, just a replacement phone. Asking for a new phone instead of a refurbished one that breaks like your last three did will most likely do the trick.

Or like nattan and Curt said, the BBB is an amazing service for consumers who are actually having legitimate problems with a company that you feel is not right. The BBB accreditation is huge to a company and your one complaint can really put a damper on that.

Lawliet

Senior
senior
Reaction score
tell them you are going to switch to boost mobile :coolface:

xxFiiNALiZExx

Reaction score
Yeah this is good advice, companies always respond when you file a BBB complaint as they want to resolve it the best they could.

Not always. I filed a BBB complaint with Nuttyguys for their horrible customer service and poor packaging. They just ignored it like with the 3 emails I sent them.

Blue

Is Stylin' On You
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
As of right now I'm just considering filing the BBB, then I'm going to the nearest verizon store to complain and threaten switching services. Sound like a sound plan?

BitcH

Old School
old school
senior
Reaction score
As of right now I'm just considering filing the BBB, then I'm going to the nearest verizon store to complain and threaten switching services. Sound like a sound plan?

Make sure you goto a Verizon owned location, most retailers still only show the Verizon logo outside and can't really do anything special for you. Also, don't get the same phone model, clearly it's shit.

Blue

Is Stylin' On You
Original poster
senior
Reaction score
Make sure you goto a Verizon owned location, most retailers still only show the Verizon logo outside and can't really do anything special for you. Also, don't get the same phone model, clearly it's shit.

Yep, that's what I'm planning on doing. I'm probably gonna see if I can get a phone of equal value ($200.) This pretty much lets me get any phone

Curt

Founder of TBN
veteran
old school
senior
Life Saver
Reaction score
Website
itscurt.com
Not always. I filed a BBB complaint with Nuttyguys for their horrible customer service and poor packaging. They just ignored it like with the 3 emails I sent them.
Lol, nuttyguys have a bad reputation and they don't care, especially with the BBB cause their business is so small. As long as they can keep promoting their piece of shit company with Groupon, they could care less about the BBB. The only problem with the BBB is that it could take weeks for someone to respond, but if they're a big company such as a corporation, they will respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.