[vb 2010] proxy help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristide

Old School
Original poster
old school
Reaction score
hello, i tried a lot of codes but they dont work. what i want to do is create a button that when its clicked changes your lan proxy settings, NOT only your browsers session. i tried : refreshIE.settings = textbox1.text or something like that that i used to make my proxy browser. but the thing is that i dont want to change my vb webbrowsers ip, but make something like a vpn. does somebody know the code?

thanks, ari

Aristide

Old School
Original poster
old school
Reaction score
thanks for the help, but that is not what i wanted, im sorry i havent exolained myself. basically you know you open start and type internet options. then when the box shows up you click on connections tab and then on lan settings, then it tells you to type the ip and port of the proxy. is there a way that i could emulate this, or do something similiar on vb?

hope its better lol

Ace12

Senior
senior
Reaction score
thanks for the help, but that is not what i wanted, im sorry i havent exolained myself. basically you know you open start and type internet options. then when the box shows up you click on connections tab and then on lan settings, then it tells you to type the ip and port of the proxy. is there a way that i could emulate this, or do something similiar on vb?

hope its better lol

Won't that just give 'internet explorer' a proxy ip and not everything else? I thought you want something like VPN.

JLim

That Asian Guy
veteran
senior
Reaction score
Did you check this link?
http://thebotnet.com/programming/25564-vb-net-proxy/

Add a listbox that has lots of proxies in it. After that, in the button, the code should be something like this.

Code:
RefreshIESettings(ListBox1.Items.Item(0).ToString)
ListBox1.Items.RemoveAt(0)

Aristide

Old School
Original poster
old school
Reaction score
Did you check this link?
http://thebotnet.com/programming/25564-vb-net-proxy/

Add a listbox that has lots of proxies in it. After that, in the button, the code should be something like this.

Code:
RefreshIESettings(ListBox1.Items.Item(0).ToString)
ListBox1.Items.RemoveAt(0)
thanks jlim, and i did check that. i even made a proxy browser with that. but that only changes internet explorer right? not your entire computer, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.