WTF.I have to Ship to Afghanistan.FML.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danmota

Original poster
so it turns out that i have to send this item to Afghanistan to an army base..this shit is crazy.It kind of gave me the chills.

Message from user:
They will def come in handy over here in afghanistan when Im trying to sleep and the gun fire is going off all night long. thanks again for your hospitality

does anyone know the best method or way i should ship the item.thanks.

Lolita

Veteran
veteran
senior
Trade With Caution!
Reaction score
OMG. What did you sell again?

G

GeeksterSwag

Original poster
Lol how much did you put shipping for? $10? lol

BitcH

Old School
old school
senior
Reaction score
USPS gives free flat rate boxes n shit specifically for sending to overseas military.

D

Danmota

Original poster
yea 10$..but the thing is it said he was located in KS, then he sends me message sayin he got deployed and responds invoice with an afghanistan addresss...Imma tell em i need more money for shipping, but im waiting till his echeck goes through.
Can he cancel echeck if he wants?

USPS gives free flat rate boxes n shit specifically for sending to overseas military.
OOOOOOOOOO.thanks alot im bout to look into it.

BitcH

Old School
old school
senior
Reaction score
yea 10$..but the thing is it said he was located in KS, then he sends me message sayin he got deployed and responds invoice with an afghanistan addresss...Imma tell em i need more money for shipping, but im waiting till his echeck goes through.
Can he cancel echeck if he wants?

OOOOOOOOOO.thanks alot im bout to look into it.

Yea echecks are quite dangerous as far as chargebacks go. Also you're not obligated to send it to him unless your auction said you would, he can't just change his address to another country on you.

Lolita

Veteran
veteran
senior
Trade With Caution!
Reaction score
When I read this again:

They will def come in handy over here in afghanistan when Im trying to sleep and the gun fire is going off all night long. thanks again for your hospitality
It screams scam. :ninja:

That explains the eCheck.

Reactions: Kiba
D

Danmota

Original poster
it feels good to support my country and help a soldier out
bosssssss :phat:
oo i c clever..yea he definetely changed address on me..should i email ebay?..or ill look for a free devliery service for military members like u said probably.

Butthairs

Reaction score
Wait is this on ebay? I would contact ebay before I continue and get their blessing because I've been burned by shit like that before...get their blessing so it doesnt come back to bite you in the ass, especially if he said he lived in KS first.

Colors

<h1 style="-moz-transform: skew(25deg); -webkit-tr
old school
senior
Reaction score
When I read this again:

Especially the "trying to sleep gun fire is going off all night" is highly suspicious. But ok, if he goes first i wouldnt mind

Reactions: Lolita

BitcH

Old School
old school
senior
Reaction score
oo i c clever..yea he definetely changed address on me..should i email ebay?..or ill look for a free devliery service for military members like u said probably.

Free boxes != free delivery. It's just flatrate so it's still at least $10. You could still ship him it, but at least charge more for the switch-up and make sure you have a tracking number.

D

Danmota

Original poster
When I read this again:

lol yo enzo, nah i thought so for a quick sec but the way he was typin, was givin me the chills, lol.i dont think hes scam tho...he gave me his house address in kansas,and he also gave me his base number and afghan address to send to em..and he has a super american name.lol.

Either way, i dont plan on sendin anything without the echeck clearing.
once the echeck clears im takin funds out to my other paypal, and booom.:).

Lolita

Veteran
veteran
senior
Trade With Caution!
Reaction score
He's being too specific, makes it would like he's hiding something.
Inb4scam

Definitely. I'm very good at 'reading' people.
And my 6th sense screams RUN!

Fang

Veteran
veteran
old school
senior
coldschool
Reaction score
Inb4FBIcrackingdownohebayusers.

yoilovecash

Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Dang! Good luck with that!

I hope the Ebay staff will sort it out for ya :eek:

josephreda

Old School
old school
Reaction score
A well known and documented ebay scam is to ask the person to send the item to another house address than the one made from the payment. If you send the item to anywhere different than where the address he initially chose for you to ship to, then he would be able to charge back or file a claim that he did not receive the item. Tell him to rebuy the item using the address he wants you to send the item to.

D

Danmota

Original poster
but i dont understand how he could scam me?..if im the one selling the item..if i dont get the money i just wont send item..
o and i looked up his addresss...it traced back to a military base in the middle east.lol.

hondarydr

Reaction score
Website
www.thecardking.com
but i dont understand how he could scam me?..if im the one selling the item..if i dont get the money i just wont send item..
o and i looked up his addresss...it traced back to a military base in the middle east.lol.

He can still scam you, he's trying to get you to send the object to another address other than what is on his profile. Once you ship it then he can chargeback and you'll most likely lose whatever item it was that you shipped.

D

Danmota

Original poster
imma transfer the money out of my paypal as soon as he sends it.lol.can you explain to me more about him chargin back.if i got the money.i really dont care where i send, its out my hands.are you saying, if i ship to a different address then what he listed, then he will say he never receives and he'll get item and money back?thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.